|004

Max and I sit in my room, trying to get ready for the trick or treating.

"What if we scare them the hell out?" I suggest, a devilish smirk on my face to make the evening more fun for Max. I grab a hairbrush, brushing Max's firey red hair.

"How?" she asks, intrigued, and I chuckle.

"Well, you can be Michael Myers and I can be... Jason Voorhees!" I reply and she laughs.

"I love that idea." Max smiles.

"You should, I came up with it." I giggle and brush my hair.

"You still have those costumes from Cali?" she asks and I point to my closet.

"In there. There should be a box with masks, fake accessories, and clothes," I respond and she walks to it, picking up a box.

"Nice," she mutters and I walk next to her, rummaging through the box.

"Look! This is perfect!" I say and pull out two masks.
We change into the clothes, put our masks on, grab our fake knives and pumpkin baskets for candy and chocolate.

"I still wish we'd go get milkshakes," I say as we walk outside, heading towards Maple Street.

"Well, you saw what happened. Billy almost killed those stalkers!" Max says quietly.

"Yeah, I know. I don't know what got into him," I mutter and the rest of the way stays silent.
We see the sign that reads the street's name 'Maple Street'.

"Look! There they are!" I whisper to my sister, pointing at the group of boys.

"You go from the back, I'll go from the front," Max says and we quietly walk towards them. Max hides behind a brick wall, while I secretly follow them. Kinda like a... stealthy ninja or something.

"Top three!" Dustin says and I raise an eyebrow.

"Oh God, give me a break," Mike states.

"Seriously, I can just eat a whole bowl of nougat! Straight up," Dustin concludes and suddenly, Max appears in front of them, giving me the sign to scare them too. They start screaming, scared as hell. Max finishes with a laugh, me walking to stand next to her. We both pull our masks away, laughing at them as they finally stop screaming.

"Holy shit! You should have seen the look on your faces," Max states.

"And you? Who screams like that, you sound like a little girl." Max chuckles at Lucas, starting to walk away.

"You're such a group of scardy cats!" I say and laugh.

"Hey, you guys coming or not?" Max turns towards us and I smile at her, turning towards the boys again.

"Yeah, we should check Loch Nora. That's the rich neighborhood, right?" I say and walk to my sister, heading to the street. I hear some of the boys squeal in excitement, then Dustin and Lucas join our sides.

"So, you're from California, yeah?" Lucas asks mostly my sister.

"You're like... I don't know. California girls!" Dustin exclaims and I laugh.

"I guess you could say that," I say and give Dustin a small smile, which he returns.

-

"Another full-sized, like seriously. Rich people are such suckers," Dustin says as we walk down to the road again, exiting the house plot.

"Wait, you're not rich, right?" he turns to look at me and my sister.

"No, we live up Old Cherry Road," Max replies and I nod.