Signs of a Sociopath

They Look Normal, Only Better-

One of the signs of sociopathic behavior is that a sociopath, on the surface, seems just like everyone else. They seem normal. There's nothing bizarre that stands out or warns people away, at least initially, so people don't immediately know the danger they're dealing with. Soon, though, the "normalcy" of a sociopath begins to look a bit too good to be true, especially high-functioning sociopaths.

A sign of being a sociopath is exuding charisma and oozing charm. Allowing a sociopath to be so incredibly alluring and fascinating is the fact that they have excellent verbal and nonverbal communication skills. Watch for intense, captivating, unwavering eye contact, for it's a sign of a sociopath. This person can, with her charming, outgoing, dynamic personality, completely overshadow everyone in the room - any room.

A scary sign of a sociopath is that everyone seems captivated by them. Everyone loves the sociopath. 

1. A sociopath doesn't follow the rules. They believe that the rules, laws, and norms that exist for the safety and wellbeing of everyone in society don't apply to them. They are above them, so they mean nothing.

2. A sociopath doesn't care about the consequences of their actions. They couldn't care less about what they do to you. They couldn't care less for any punishment they'd receive, either. That means nothing stops them from doing what they want to do.

3. They grow bored very easily. A sign of a sociopath is the need for change, whether it's new homes, new locations, new friends, new relationships, new jobs, new whatever. Their life must always be sensational. They are a thrill-seeker, always moving on to find excitement when boredom hits.

4. A sign of being a sociopath is impulsivity. They act quickly and without deliberation. They also have neither time nor concern for assessing hazards; they're a risk-taker.

5. The sociopath is only concerned for the present moment, the now. This is far different from serene mindfulness. A sociopath lives in the present purely for pleasure, excitement, and instant gratification.

6. Signs of a sociopath are careless and reckless behavior. They do what pleases them and what will get them ahead. They couldn't care less who gets hurt or what the consequences of their actions are.

7. The sociopath is also unpredictable and quite unreliable. If they commit to doing something but later decide that there's nothing in it for them, they won't do it. They won't apologize, either.

8. A sociopath acts immorally. Cheating, lying, stealing, violence, and more are part of who they are and what they do (Does a sociopath cry or even have feelings?).

9. To a sociopath, everything is a game. A sign of sociopathic behavior is the manipulating, calculating behavior that is part of the game. Oh, yeah. They must win the game.

10. Sociopaths have been called loose cannons, which is an apt summary of the traits of a sociopath.