x. LITTLE DO YOU KNOW

┏━━━━ ༄ ━━━━┓little do you know┗━━━━ ༄ ━━━━┛

┏━━━━ ༄ ━━━━┓
little do you know
┗━━━━ ༄ ━━━━┛

THAT EVENING, Sherlock did nothing but murmur to himself and run around the flat. John was lurking in a chair, his chin propped on his hand. His thoughts had trailed off hours ago, which was visible to his roommates, who wouldn't bother talking to him.

Janet had taken some of John's money and was out shopping for some clothes and a provisional phone, as hers hadn't made its way to her new - to quote Sherlock, temporary - flat. She's kept her own sim-card, but purchased a new one, anyway. The risk of being tracked down when accessing to her data was not to take, which she had made pretty clear to the two man previously.

When she came back, the situation hadn't changed a lot, John seemed logged of and Sherlock frustrated with the investigation. „WHERE IS HE?", he screamed, just when Janet stepped into the room. "I've figured out the code, it was the first digits of his phone number. But what connection could there be with the location? He has his phone with him, it was nowhere to be found. And considering that teenagers nowadays don't go anywhere without their phone, that makes perfect sense. I've tried tracking it, but no chance. So, what does it mean?". He was shouting at his leeches. The one sliding around alone almost looked like he was listening attentively.

John and Janet, however, kept quiet, which resulted in Sherlock kicking the terrarium.

„Just go to bed", said John. "Tomorrow we'll think about it. I'm bloody tired."

"Go to bed, then", snapped Sherlock immediately, "I have to be productive."

John rolled his eyes, but got to his feet smoothly. "Alright. Janet, do you need anything?". He tried wiping the exhaustion of his face, but failed ruthlessly.

"No. I'm good. Listen, I can try to move out tomorrow or something." Janet know it sounded rather desperate, but depending on others wasn't exactly her thing. Letting them do favours for her let her feel at ease.

"You don't have anywhere to go, have you?", asked Sherlock, frowning at her, very much aware that he'd just hit the truth spot.

"I might...".

"You're staying", said John softly. He winked at Janet, attempting to loosen up the tension. "I've missed you."

"Yeah." Janet let out a small grin, clearly not convinced, but also not willing to start a debate.

Disappointment written all over his features, John patted her shoulder, trying to fulfil his duties as big brother. "Well, good night, then."