Chapter 27: Mistake

NOTE: The cover photo has nothing to do with anything other than I think it's cute.

-------------------------------

HOSPITAL ROOM - JIMIN POV

I stepped into Y/N's hospital room and closed the door behind me. As I step closer to her, I can see that her face is swollen and bruised. I assume it's from falling face forward onto the ground. There are several tubes attached to her. I am not sure what they are all for. She hasn't waken up yet.

I sit beside her and hold her hand and rub the back of it with my thumb... They are small and a little chunky. Even her pinky is shorter than mine! Strangely 3 of her fingers are connected by a splint.

 Even her pinky is shorter than mine! Strangely 3 of her fingers are connected by a splint

My baby looks so pitiful. Her facial expression... Her lips are curved downward and her brows are scrunched together like she is thinking or uncomfortable... maybe dreaming.... I wonder if you can dream on anesthesia??? (FYI - People do not dream on anesthesia.)

I guess I would have that sad resting face too, if it were me.

My lovely girl. I kiss her hand and put some of her wild hair behind her ear. It's all over the place... If she was awake, I would tell her she looks a hot mess. She would laugh at my honesty.

She has a busted lip and her eye is swollen shut. I am so focused on her bruises that I am startled by the door opening.

Dr Chu: "Oh, Y/N's husband is here! Hello, I'm Dr Chu!" He says with a large smile.

Jimin: "Oh. Y-yeah." I lied. I stand up and we greet each other with a handshake.

I return to my seat waiting for the update on her condition. He walks over to the foot of her bed and picks up her chart. As he flips through the pages, he is very animated and smiling.... humming... and moving his head side to side as if he were listening to music.

Dr Chu: "I am going to check her vitals really quick!" He utters as he whirls around then struts over to Y/N's bed.

I am thinking to myself... why is he soooo happy. My baby is lying unconscious and he is basically dancing around the room... is he drunk??? Is he high??? I roll my eyes in annoyance at this guy.

Dr Chu: "Aww... how are you doing dear?" He greets the unconscious Y/N while he looks at her facial bruises.

Dr Chu: "Ohh... wow... you're so cute!" He adds, winking an eye at the unconscious Y/N, then writing info in her chart.

Did he just flirt with my unconscious girlfriend?! This is too much. I heave a sigh and clear my throat to make him stop leering at her. I take a mental note to make sure he is never alone with her... awake or sleep. He is a creep.

Dr Chu: "Ok... umm... yeah. I just have to check a few more things!" He hums as he checks everything else. However, when he lifts her shirt to check her ribs, I feel that his hand unnecessarily lingers on her stomach and even brushes against her breast.