Dramatic Poses

Another day had passed and there were still days left until reaching Etheria. It was a strange feeling to be on a different floating ship in the middle of the galaxy. Catra was still wasn't used to it and the uncertainty of everything caused her anxiety to rise. She promised to herself that she wasn't going to board another ship, especially one that is surrounded by those people. Sparkles. Arrowboy. Vent-Creeper. Wrong Hordak....and finally Adora. Individually they were a special kind of annoyance that made her miss Kyle's typical pout for attention.

Together they were a high energy nightmare. They literally wanted to make everything exciting. Together they were incredibly chirpy like squawking chickens. Catra would even argue that they managed to make Double Trouble seem less extra. She smirked at the thought.

She frowned to herself shortly after and wondered how in the world she was replaced by these people? Surly she was more delightful!

She began thinking about her latest annoyance. She was sitting minding her own business pretending Meelog wasn't watching her every move. Things were ok until she realized that her new companion was like her shadow. Everywhere she stepped the creature followed. She tried running, climbing, and hiding, but the size of the ship made things limited. Her constant movement caught the attention of everyone and Bow was first to make a remark.

"Awwwwww, you're too cute! Playing tag!" As his eyes would glow. Catra thought she saw stars around his aura. "Just when I began to miss your adorable space helmet, you find a way to top it."

She turned facing his direction ready to destroy the smile off his face, her claws ready for furry, but she stopped when she briefly turned to see Meelog's reaction. Meelog would grow triple in size and his body would become prickly and daunting. The body of the once gentle creature would transform into something terrifying enough to give her chills. Seeing her companion in so much anger and pain would quickly diffuse her feelings. It was uncomfortable to let go of her anger, so she turned away to take a deep breath doing whatever it took to prevent herself from letting frustration tears flow.

Her immediate change in reaction would cause Meelog's form to go back to normal. The blue color in the creature's eyes would come back to normal and the energy change in the room would cause a purr to come out. Catra found herself turning away feeling ashamed of her reaction. She crossed her arms and felt her ears droop.

"Wow, Catra I thought Bow was a goner there. You're lucky I can't shoot magic at you, otherwise I would have made sure you sparkled for weeks." Glimmer commented.

Catra growled, "Yeah, whatever Sparkles. You're lucky Meelog is here, otherwise Arrowbow would've had it and I'd make sure to shove the glitter down your throat so YOU'D be coughing glitter for weeks. I'm out of here!" She stomped towards her room, Meelod trailing behind her with a tiny ember around his tail.

"Interesting, it seems like the magical creature is able to connect to Catra's nervous system, and is able to tap into the primitive part of her brain that causes stress." Entrapta observed.

Adora watched in silence. Concerned. She always remembered Catra quickly reacting to her first impulse, but with Meelog around, it was as if the creature managed to redirect her anger.

"I should check up on her. I don't think I've seen her retract her claws after being heated." Adora said softly. She began to get up from her crossed-legged position.

No, Adora." Bow said, placing his hand on her shoulder. "Let her figure things out for a while. I think she is going to need some time to figure herself out now that she switched sides. She's probably feeling conflicted. At least wait awhile for her to cool down some more." He said gently.