Playful Banter

Author's NOTE *This chapter backtracks a bit to when Catra begins to feel dizzy. This is what Catra and Adora are doing while everyone else is gossiping.*

Adora watched Catra's face turn pale when she was asked to respond during the middle of the session. Never once could she remember having such an open conversation. Adora wanted Catra to feel her support and held her shaky hands steady, she enjoyed the idea that their hands were meant for holding each other. Catra pulled her hands away and stood. She began to walk out the door, but her steps became uncertain. She placed her hand against her forehead and began to feel dizzy.

Adora knew something was wrong, so she stood too and began to approach Catra. She feared she was going to faint and hurt herself.

Before she could do anything, Meelog pounced to Catra's side and they vanished into thin air.

Adora was dumbfounded. She couldn't think. Her stomach began to clench and felt her anxiety rise at the feeling of losing Catra again. A million thoughts were flooding Adora's mind and found her legs storming towards Catra's room, unsure where else to go. She had a desperate feeling to get her back, especially since Catra looked like she was going to pass out. There was no way she risked everything to just have her snatched away without being able to do something about it.

She thought the unimaginable, and her mind began to race. 

Her first thought was that Meelog was actually evil and took Catra away to harm her. The second thought was Meelog teleported Catra back to the planet Krytis, because the air in the room became uncomfortable. Somehow she realized she was being ridiculous and hoped that Catra was simply transported to her room. All she wanted was to make sure Catra was safe. To have their friendship back. 

Adora stopped in front Catra's room and took a deep breath before walking in. She swung the door open and saw Catra curled up on her bed. Meelog was on the floor and looked up to see Adora curiously. He mewed a greeting at her and curled himself back to his original position.

Adora watched Catra turn her head over. Her eyes gazing back at her. Something told Adora that she was expecting her. There was a comforting look in her eyes, as if she knew she was going to be worried.

"Hey Adora." Catra said weakly.

Adora didn't know what to do and just stood looking back at Catra. She moved her eyes away for a moment and looked at Meelog, feeling slightly guilty about thinking he was evil a few seconds ago.

"Are you going to just stand there, or did you walk in here to stare at Meelog?" Catra said softly with a slight edge.

 She paused for a bit and said, "I'm glad you came alone. I don't know if I can handle everyone else right now.

Adora felt like an idiot for just standing around, and walked towards her slowly, unsure about what she was doing. She rubbed her own arm before sitting down at the edge of the bed. She looked at the patterns of the blue and purple walls and finally said, "I just had to make sure you made it somewhere safe before searching the entire universe for you. For a second, I umm....I thought you left me to go back to Krytis... I guess I just felt worried you decided to drop yourself off to the next planet."

"Pretty obnoxious idea for just having a conversation."

Adora smiled bashfully in agreement. "Yeah, but can you blame me for thinking that? One moment we are best-friends and the other we are at each other's throats trying to take each other down. I don't know with you sometimes. You keep me on my toes."