Convincing

Catra continued replaying the recent interaction with Bow, while she sat on the ledge near the window looking out. She felt small looking at everything out there. She was entranced by colorful distant planets and stars she had never seen before. Never once was she able to let herself take in the surrounding beauty. She pinpointed a distant acidic looking planet that reminded her from her time at the Fright Zone. She wondered if the people living there were able to look at stars.

Nothing about the air was clean in the Fright Zone. The machines used to wipe out the rebellion released a high amount of pollution that made it impossible to see anything beyond the industrial buildings. 

She changed the direction of her thoughts to the only place she appreciated when she lived at the Fright Zone, The Peak. To get there, she had to walk behind the alley of the training area and carefully climb her way up. It wasn't easy, especially since everything at the Fright Zone seemed to be falling apart. 

 She discovered the place by accident. Shadow Weaver terrified her so much that she wanted to hide from her forever, so she climbed a seemingly broken rail only to find The Peak. Eventually, she gave in to hunger and decided to come down. It was a special place and only shared it to two people. The first person was of course Adora. The second person was by accident. Scorpia. The only reason Scorpia found out about it was because Catra  hoped to replace Adora with someone else. Sort of like a "back-up friend." You only contact them when you need something to get done.

Catra laughed to herself about Scorpia being a "back-up friend."

Catra thought about The Peak. It was around the evening that she was able to enjoy the sun illuminate perfectly. At just about a certain angle was she able to finally look beyond the Fright Zone and see the Whispering Woods.  It was nice up there, but occasionally she would feel lonely being up there by herself.

There was a time when she  heard someone climbing up. Catra didn't have to turn to see her. She knew Adora would find a way to find her when she was gone too long. Together they would silently watch from the highest point until the sun would set.

Catra began to think about all the times they would sit together in silence. Was there ever a time they held hands while they watched the sun set? She distorted her face trying to remember if she convinced herself to forget the memory. She couldn't remember.

She cursed at herself. If they had, Catra surely pulled her hand away out of pure embarrassment. Adora always seemed  the most brave to make the first move.

Right now, she wished she could go back in time just to continue interlacing her fingers onto those hands that had provided so much support. She admitted to herself that maybe she didn't appreciate Adora when they were at the Frightzone. 

Meelog nudged at her in comfort, and Catra found herself back in the present. Still on the ship. 

She sighed. Her daily routine of sulking seemed to be a thing of the past with Meelog around.

Catra heard familiar footsteps coming in her direction, and she already knew who it was.

"Hey Adora." Catra heard herself saying.

"Catra, how'd you know it was me."

"C'mon Adora, what kind of question is that? We used to live together, remember? You do this thing where I've been gone for too long and you show up. Besides, I know the sound of your footsteps. Something bothering you? Your steps sound panicky." Catra said flatly, turning her head towards her.

Adora's face flushed at the remark. Not necessarily because Catra was able to predict her presence, but because she was able to make a comment that almost seemed invasive. It was as if Catra was sensitive to her inner feelings.