prologue

Flashback:

"Mama?" A very scared and timid Emma tiptoed in the kitchen at 2 in the morning, careful not to wake Rory in her room.

"Emma Ricki Gilmore! Where have you been?!" An angry Lorelai snapped standing up, abandoning her coffee and a nervous looking luke.

"I'm so sorry mama! I didn't mean for this to happen! Any of it really I swear! Daniel and I were being very stupid and it just happened we weren't safe-" Emma stuttered out tears dripping vastly down her cheeks as she began to shake.

"Daniel oh that boy when is he-'' Lorelai ranted off completely missing the context of Emma's rant,but Luke never. Luke looked from Lorelai to Emma in shock.

"Lorelai you should really listen to her-" Luke started to say standing up looking between the 2 girls.

"Luke with all due respect you don't get to butt in here she's my-'' Lorelai ranted, turning angrily on her heels to which luke jumped back from.

"I'm pregnant mama!" Emma snapped crying angrily as she sank to the kitchen floor waking Rory in the process,making her mother stop frozen in disbelief.

"I better go I'll see you guys tomorrow morning if you need anything lorelai I'm here." Luke said kissing Liliths head, rubbing her back showing the more emotional side of himself which was very few and between unless it was the Gilmore girls.

"Oh honey..I'm so sorry..we will figure this out together I promise you." Lorelai rushed forward landing on her knees holding her scared baby in her arms, as Rory watched from her doorway completely stunned but slowly she slipped towards the floor wrapping her arms around her sister's shaking frame.

"I'm such a failure!" Emma sobbed harder, her breaths becoming short as she squeezed her two life lines tightly.

"No baby you're not a failure, you will never be a failure. You got this. WE got this right rory?" Lorelai looked to her younger daughter(by 6 mins) for help and reassurance.

"Of course I can teach mini us how to read, I'll have them reading moby dick and jane eyre before their walking" Rory said rushed as she rubbed her older sisters back quickly.

"Us Gilmore girls are strong and thick headed this baby will be loved, he or she will be the cutest little thing..I'm a grandma earlier than expected but you are not alone my darling never ever." Lorelai whispered, petting her daughter's hair as she swayed both daughters In her arms.

~4 months later~

"Luke! Coffee me!" Lorelai demanded hurriedly walking up to the counter.

"Coffee makes you-" Luke began but an angry look from a stressed out lorelai made him abandon the statement.

"How's Emma this morning?" He asked instead, worried about the younger gilmore.

"She's good. Her morning sickness has finally died down and now her and daniel and rory are gone to find out the gender. Then rory is going to page it to me and then I'm going to have this place set up to surprise them." She huffed in between gulps of coffee.

"You're lucky I like you Gilmore's" Luke huffed but smiled when he walked away to give Kirk his burger. He himself was excited as well about the pending gender reveal of a certain little Gilmore baby.

"LUKE!" Lorelai started screaming jumping up and down with what could only be explained as either choking or happy dance.

"What? Will ya quit shaking me" he snapped as Lorelai grabbed his arm spilling coffee everywhere.

"It's a girl!OMG IT'S A GIRL!" Lorelai screamed excitedly shoving her pager in Luke's face.

"Congratulations grandma!" He joked wrapping his arms around Lorelai tightly.