~Chapter 6~

By morning came, the howling wind outside having dulled down, it was 9 oclock in sleepy stars hollow most residents of the quaint town were sleeping in on this snowy Sunday morning, even leah had taken the liberty upon her self to sleep in,but yet emma was awake laying straight across the couch, jess tied up around her legs,his head resting on her stomach. She ran her hands through his black hair absentmindedly as she thought about the night before. After having watched the perfect storm the duo(still high on the adrenaline from earlier) just wasn't tired so they threw on jaws,happening to fall asleep shortly after ending up in the position they were in now. Jess didn't snore like much guys he more so talked alot specifically this morning was alot about poker and his mom and something about a fish stick box? Emma had made the mental note to ask about that later. As she laid there she thought. She thought about jess and leah, she had thought about dean and rory, she thought about her starting her grade 12 school year starting bright and early tommrow morning. Her decision to stay home and do her classes from home never waivered, she was confident in her decision, she wanted to be around leah as much as possible before college. Her new job at Weston's bakery started Monday evening at 4 and leah was at babettes until her mom would get off at 7. After having leah,emma had worried on how everything would work, but emma being emma she was a vivid planner, she had planned ahead awhile, she had planned written with dates, pay stubs etc, emma unlike her mother hated spontaneity, alot like her grandmother in the way of perfection.    Suddenly the phone began to ring, the shrill sound barely moving jess from his slumber emma laid her head back groaning softly not wanting to get up.

"Hello? Is anybody home?" Emily gilmore had called out after the phone went to voicemail.

"Damn!" Emma yelled getting up knocking a jumping jess on the floor he groaned as he hit the floor just laying there,trying to go back to sleep.

"Lorelai?,Emma?" Emily called again fusturation clear in her voice. Emma could picture the look of disdain on the queens face as she scrambled to pick up the phone. "Hey sorry grandma! I was just upstairs uhh dressing leah, yeah I was dressing leah!" She said nodding affirmatively,shaking her head realizing her grandmother couldn't even see her. "Phew I was gonna say I couldn't imagine you sleeping past 9"her grandmother paused for a quick  quickly before continuing. "Well your mother is coming to pick rory up at 1 and I was hoping and you and leah could come with her for afternoon tea and sandwiches me and your grandfather has something wed like to discuss with both of you?" She asked you could hear the excitment in her voice,emma found herself nodding before her mind even registered. "Oh of course grandma we will be there" emma said not ever being able to say no to either of her grandparents. "Sounds perfect see you then we send our love" her grandmother stated hanging up quickly before emma even having the time to say goodbye. She groaned dropping the phone on the receiver and flopping on the couch onto her tummy.

"Who was on the phoneee" jess groaned slowly sitting up looking curiously at the girls who's face was buried in the couch. "My grandmother from Hartford" emma sighed turning her squished face towards him. "Hartford fancy?" Jess laughed slowly standing up, making emma screw her face up. "You wouldn't even believe me if I told you about the mansion they lived in!"emma laughed as she grabbed his hand pulling her up, "I'm sure I would-now go get dressed see how Leah's doing and we will go grab breakfast at lukes!" Jess said rather chipper pushing emma towards the stairs as he shuffled out to the kitchen slowly dragging his feet in just boxers and his tshirt from last night as he started the coffee pot.

The door opened from the back kitchen as the old blonde from the diner hurried in talking as she went. "Hey sugar just wanted to come check on you and the babes this morning-OH well hello sugar!" Babette said freezing in the doorway, another women bringing up into her back as she winked at me from behind her. "Well good morning handsome" miss patty laughed hip checking babette into the house as she closed the door. "Good morning I uh.
Luke..lorelai asked me to stay here to watch out for the house and uhm leah and emma" a boxer clad jess managed to stutter out, turning a bright shade of red. "Good morning babette miss patty" emma stated as her and leah walked in the kitchen, Emma's wavy hair half up, a pair of leggings and cozy sweater and fuzzy socks, leah on her hip wearing leggings and a matching sweater.