~chapter 3~

"Rory get up breakfast time!!coffee tea sustenance let's go!" Emma said bright and early the next day at 9oclock.

"Woah kid 9oclock what are you doin.."lorelai yawned padding into the kitchen.

"I wanna go to Luke's?" Emma looks at her mother as she buckled emma into her stroller raising an eye brow at her a hand on her hip.

"Yeesh fine..emily gilmore is here she has possessed your sister! Run!" Lorelai said dramatically pushing a very unaware rory to her bedroom.

"Woah mom its Saturday don't be rushing-" rory started trying to push her mother's hands off her.

"Listen you two I will go to Luke's without you..and I'll make luke not serve a single pot of coffee all day!" Emma snapped with a smirk her hand still on her hip glaring between the other 2 gilmore girls.

"She wouldn't!" Lorelai started trying to call her bluff.
"You wouldn't dare emma" Rory stated crossing her arms.

"Ya wanna bet" emma smirked grabbing the handle of the stroller and the door.

"Dont believe her shes bluffing!" Lorelai stated looking at the younger gilmore Rory nodded her hand on her heart. Emma cackled as she walked out the door and headed into town.

Emma's POV

"Morning luke!" I smiled at the busy diner owner thanking kirk who held the door open for me and leah.

"Your welcome emma maybe thatll be a new business venture..professional door opener! Luke I have to go tell mother hold my spot!!" Kirk hollered running out of the diner and down the street.

"Kirk! It's a diner! I'm not holding reser- no point he gone..morning kid"  luke said waving his arm at the place kirk was just standing.

"Hows the morning been?" I asked sitting at the counter pulling a wide awake leah over to the counter in her stroller.

"Busy- wait your a gilmore" Luke stuttered staring at the wide awake Gilmore infront of him.

"Yes?"I said in a duh tone looking up confused at the frazzled diner owner.

"But its 9oclock?!" Luke said his voice raising slightly looking at me like he just found a wild unicorn.

"Also correct?" I said laying my head on my hand with my mothers smirk as I looked at him amused.

"Your a Gilmore..awake at 9am..omg there's a gilmore out of bed?!" Luke announced to the whole diner catching the attention of babette and miss patty who instantly stood having baby eyes. Welp I won't be seeing leah for abit this morning.

"Yes argus filch" I laughed rolling my eyes smiling at babette and miss patty as they appeared peering in the stroller at leah.

"Well hello doll!" Babbette said rubbing my back as miss patty cooed at leah.

"Good morning babette miss patty" I said pouring sugar and milk into my tea.

"Well how was your grandmother's dear?" Miss patty asked laying her hand on my arm.

"Same old same old..definitely not a life I was built for." I said wincing for the question that was coming next.

"How are you doll?" Babette said pity coming over her face as she suddenly had Leah's diaper bag over her shoulder.

"I'm fine really guys I'm getting through it I promise it'll take some time but I'll get there" I stated trying to avoid their saddened eyes by taking a sip of my warm tea.

"Well you see when my 2nd husband died dear-I" miss patty started but I zoned out turning my head to see what luke was talking about and as I turned I saw jess walking into the diner from the stairs and as we locked eyes he froze almost tripping as he looked at me shocked then confused wondering why I was in the diner.