~chapter 4~

~later that evening~
Emma's POV

Suddenly my eyes flew open, my first thought was I haven't heard leah cry where was she? I checked the time seeing it was 630 in the evening I sat up quickly looking around the room and calming down seeing jess sprawled out in the rocking chair leah against his chest,half eaten bottle on the stand,grabbing my camera off my night stand I snapped 2 pictures. The Polaroid slid out into my hand one after another I shook them around  waiting for it to develop, sticking it into jess's book for him. Sliding out of bed I walked over to the two kissing Leah's head slowly trying not to wake her or jess laying the throw blanket over them gently,grabbing the bottle and headed downstairs closing the door slightly. Upon walking into the kitchen I seen 2 notes written on the kitchen table, picking them up one was from mom telling me she was working late something about Michele's corgis who knows and one  from rory saying her and dean were in Hartford on a date so supper was up to me. Living with grandma I wasn't particularly fond of take out so she had me get cooking lessons it was something me and her both did. I figured jess would be hungry and he basically lives off Luke's so I headed off to the grocery store.

"Something quick..something quick" I hummed to myself absentmindedly grabbing a basket heading to the meat section running into luke along my way.

"Hey emma! Wheres jess and leah" he said a basket in his own hands staring at me confused.

"All the Gilmore are out except me so I thought I'd cook supper for me and jess your welcome to join to!" I smiled picking up a pack of chicken breast.

"Whatcha making?" The older man asked looking quizzically at the chicken in my hand.

"Curry stir fry" I beamed picking up a pack of peppers.

"I'm good kid me and curry not a fan he smiled at me grabbing some broccoli. "Wait your a gilmore and you know how to cook?" He announced getting everyone's attention.

I smirked leaning towards him and said "I even know how to stir" I winked making him laugh. "Your already better then your mother kiddo" his eyes twinkled ruffling my hair. "Hey are you ok? I kinda heard about the fight with dean and I wanna know if I gotta go pummel him or not" his protective Luke Danes side came out as he followed me around the grocery store as I grabbed curry,rice,mushrooms and onions.

"Yeah I'm alright luke, dean didnt know what he was talking about" I sighed rolling my eyes walking up to taylors cash.

"Teen boys never do" luke followed placing his basket up on the counter waiting for taylor to check my items in.

"Someones making stir fry huh?" Taylor nosed as per usual looking at me. "Yes taylor alert the media I'm making stir fry for me and jess" I snapped rolling my eyes never liking the man. "You and that hoodlum huh? I seeee" he strung out see and I should have kicked myself because me and jess will be on top of the Gazette by tommrow morning.

"Taylor" luke warned. If this was any one in the town that hated Taylor as much as me it was luke.

"Hey I'm just stating the obvious mr Danes consider it on the house ms. Gilmore" taylor winked passing me my bags and me to hoodwinked to respond walked robotically out the super market and waited outside for luke.

"Well that's strange we both" we said in unision both staring taylor through the window as he waved politely back to us.

"Weird" "strange" me and luke said both completely stunned as we headed to our respectfully places.

As I headed down the driveway I noticed no lights on so jess and Leah weren't up yet as I looked down at my watch it was only 7:05 so i headed into the kitchen and started making stir fry.