~chapter 5~

*amazing credit to Lovely_Mikaelson  for making our cover! You Rock darlin!*

Emma's POV

"Dean what are you doing here?" I asked,crossing my arms, standing slighty straighter glaring at the lanky boy infront of me. His normally spilt in the middle hair was now a mess a couple strands stickin to his forehead from the snow, his bright brown eyes now almost black as he sttod by he door his shoulders sqaure his jaw clenched as he glared at jess, which of whom was standing there looking at me wondering what to do. "Mom asked me to come by and to check on you and leah to see if you needed anything or if you just needed company, we know what you get like in a storm- it doesnt matter whatnim doing here this is my job whats reject doing here?!" dean growled his glaring eyes not wavering from jess's brown eyes as he turned from me to dean his jaw now clencing tightly. "Got something to say forrester?" jess growled stepping foreward,deans height not making his confidence waver. "You heard me road-kill" dean snarked back taking a step foreward towering over jess. "I was asked by her mother,luke and emma 2 tall" jess scoffed his jaw clenched,his head held high a sarcastic smile on his usually calm face.

"Emma is that true!" dean snapped finally looking in my direction his voice was malicous and but his eyes held betrayel. "He was already here doorknob! we had supper he fixed stuff around the house for me and then we were going to watch a movie, the storm hit so it was fine if he stuck around." i snarked my eyes narrowing at his as we held contact for a second untill he started again, taking a step towards me and away from jess. " This was a date!?" his voice raised two octaves. "No dean are you freaking delusional, and if i were you i just put leah down to bed,id drop your dramn voice" i said menacingly standing up straighter not threatened in the slightest. "Hes no good for emma or leah, you should see the way he looks at rory the way he treats the town, i bet he didnt tell you about the money he stole from the town, or the gnomes from babettes garden" dean yelled, almost desperatly. "Hey man, i dont want your freaking girlfriend, and dont act like mr.perfect here, i see the way you look at emma the whole town knows you look at her like a peice of meat! What thought if you dated one sister youd get closer to the other or maybe emma was already intetrested in daniel and rory was your left overs" jess snapped glaring at dean his arms hung loosely at his side,his once sarcastic demenor dissaparated, he was ready for a fight and he wasnt backing down untill he was under deans skin for good.

"who do you think your talking to jerk, you have no right to utter daniels name, i know what your doing jess.. trying to play house here with emma, till its convienent for you to live? what happened in you life that was so bad huh?" dean said angrier then ive ever seen him as he advanced towards jess. " This is mine and leahs life dean, its not yours, or daniels or jess's its ours!" i growled pushing dean finally having enough of this whole situation. " This is ours! this was supposed to be mine and yours, Leah was supposed to be mine! me and daniel had a plan! hed get with rory, youd get with me, we wanted to talk to the other sister to see what the other liked and go from there! you werent supposed to fall for him!" dean yelled his shoulders hunched his breathing heavy, defeat written across his face, before i had a chance to utter a word jess had already started, " you cant have your cake and eat it to" he managed to growl out before dean lunged at him, jess being taking off guard didnt have a leg stand on as him and dean hit the wall behind him in the porch putting a whole in the wall, breaking the key table as they hit the ground taking it with him, i stayed frozen, the whole last year playing out in my head.

I always found it strange that first day daniel had asked about rory so much, i thought maybe it as because he just never met twins before, so his shock when we were nothing alike made sense. i felt used and uncomfortable.*SMACK* *CRASH* i looked up seeing jess lay a punch to deans jaw and dean land a punch to jess's eye, i flew foreward pulling jess off dean. "ILL KILL YOU IDIOT!" Dean yelled his angry getting better of him as he brought up in my chest me stopping him from going further. "id like to see you try prince charming!" jess snarked back wiping his lip. " knock it off the both of you!" i howled louder then the wind outside as i pushed dean against the door. "Go home dean, jess kitchen now!!' i yelled pushing jess towards the kitchen door. "emma!" dean protested as i opened the door and shoving him out and slamming the door not feeling bad in the slightest as i kicked him out in the storm, slamming the door and stomping back in the kitchen seeing jess holding the pack of peas that rory keeps for special occasions -to his eye. "Emma-" he started putting the peas on the table. "shut up" i growled pouring up a glass of water for him, putting the peas up to his eye and leaving to go upstairs to check on leah. Opening the door slowly and tip toeing over to her crib the little bugger was still asleep i fixed the blanket on her legs that she had a tendacy to kick off and hurried out the door closing it again as i walked down the steps.

"is she still sleeping?" jess asked from the porch, picking up the discarded wood on the floor putting it an heap by the door. I nodded picking up the brrom and helping him sweep, he grabbed the dust pan and helped with the pile on the floor. "im sorry i dont know what was going through my head to provoke him i blacked out a minute i screwed up" jess sighed walking into the kitchen throwing the dirt in the garbage. "its fine it wasnt just your fault it was his to..im sorry he said those things to you, you didnt deserve it" i said leaning against the kitchen counter staring at his eye.

"I could have went home too" jess whispered coming to lean against the counter with me. "No...no I want you here" I nodded the overbearing battle in my head being quieted I will give jess a chance,see if he right with me and leah. "Are you sure?" He asked. "Positve" I nodded smiling grabbing his hand and pulling him to the living making him sit as I dumped out the mugs of now cold liquid and flopped next to him. "You know would like nice with a beard" I laughed studying his face. "Your crazy!" He laughed burying his head into my arm.

"Push play dork" I laughed shoving him as he rubbed my arm and pushing play on the remote, the beginning credits started to roll and there we sat his head layed on my cardigan clad arm as i layed relaxing in the couch, my nerves finally calming ab...

"Push play dork" I laughed shoving him as he rubbed my arm and pushing play on the remote, the beginning credits started to roll and there we sat his head layed on my cardigan clad arm as i layed relaxing in the couch, my nerves finally calming abit as we sat in silence, no arguing, no dean,no fussy baby cries, and especially not more gilmore girls drama. I didnt have the brain power to deal with neither my mom or sister,noo matter how much i loved them both, i wasnt just a mom to leah but to them as well, sitting here with jess..i was free..free of the expectations that i was held up to,the expectations of the town to be perfect and ok, the expectations of being little miss 4.0 average by stars hollow. "thank you" i whispered to him. "hmm what for?" he asked leaning to look back at me his eye brow cocked up a peice of popcorn between his lips, i couldnt help but smile at the cuteness.

"thank you for being there, for being my escape" i whispered staring back at the tv, watching as the wives kissed there husbands goodbye as they boarded the ship. "always" he whispered seeming to be deep in thought as he stared at me. "what dork?" i laughed tossing a peice of popcorn at him begining to laugh at his facial expression. "may i?" he whispered leaning towards me,moving a strand of hair that fell out of my headband, i looked at him nervously, trying to figure out what he was going to do? Was he going to kiss me? would he be upset if i pushed him away if i wasnt ready? Was i ready? all the babbling in my head i froze as he placed his lips against my forehead. I smiled enjoying the feeling of his lips against my forehead, blushing intensely i giggled nervously. "Good" he whispered nodding to himself leaning his head back on my shoulder turning his attention back to the tv as we settled in quietly both fast asleep by tim the end credits started rolling!

well isnt dean abit of a mess? also has he told rory? how do we feel about the big bombshell he just tossed in emmas lap! i wonder how jess's eye is doing at least it wasnt a swan this time! NIGHT YALL!