Prologue: New Dawn, New Despair

I stood outside the huge building known as New Dawn Academy, the warm summer breeze flowing over me, as this place was rumoured to be the place where the future is created. But I don't think I've introduced myself, huh?

I go by Four Algecs, or the Ultimate Host. I'm known for being able to keep a good reputation for, well, hosting things. So it was a bit of a shock to see myself invited to such a place. But I eventually gained enough courage to step inside the place.

"Huh... this is a decent spot."

The entrance hall which I was in had 15 others, all looking at me. A few voices spoke up, but I don't exactly listen until I heard two familiar voices.

"Huh, seems you got in too.", the first voice called out. It had a strong British sound to it.

"H-hey, he made it! Great!", was the second ones reply, and it was high pitched and a bit childish. I was able to recognise the two immediately.

The voices belonged to X Algecs, Ultimate Optimist, and Two Algecs, Ultimate Recruiter. Despite us sharing last names, we weren't related in the slightest, but we got on super well. I quickly went over to them both from pleasure, only to be cut off by something. Or... someone. A slightly rough voice coming from behind my friends.

"Uh, hey there. Mind if I introduce myself?"

It was... a sponge? Weird... I feel like I've saw him somewhere before. But I just nod and let him continue. He could be another Ultimate. So he briefly continued, fairly confident too.

"Oh, okay! I go by Spongy Soaks, Ultimate Swimmer! It's cool meeting you.", was said with a slight tone of nervousness in his voice. Then I remembered. Despite being a teen and pretty much absorbing water, he was a top rated swimmer, one of the best in the country.

He seemed a little off, but that wasn't important. Until I notice two people in the corner. One a bit tensed up, and the other was... asleep standing up? Huh. As I approached the duo, the guy stuck his slim hand up, a stern look on his plain face. He quickly turned to me.

"Only here for introductions?", he quickly sneered at me. He clearly wasn't the type to joke around.

"Uh, yeah. Four Algecs, Ultimate-", I began, but he cut me off rather quick.

"Host. Yeah, I know. Before you ask, I'm David Sticks. Or if you're all fancy, Ultimate Debuter.", he scoffed lightly. A serious guy, no doubt. I knew him from being the original one who viewers voted to join BFDI all those years ago.

He was a bit stern, but I then turned to the other one. They had managed to wake up for introductions, just barely. She rubbed a hand through her chestnut brown hair and quietly spoke.

"Huh...? Do you want me to introduce myself? O-Ok... I'm Dora Soils, Ultimate Island Eater... my talent leaves me tired most of the time, so don't mind me.", she nervously replied before briefly passing out again. She normally just had to use her talent to survive, but she was eventually noticed for such a strange talent and she became a Ultimate just like that.

She was clearly pretty timid, so I thought taking it easy on her would be preferred. Then I felt someone run into me, mostly accidental.

"Ah, sorry! I'm just trying to support everyone here!", she quickly cheered to me. Certainly upbeat.

"Does that have to do with your Ultimate Talent?", I asked. It seemed most likely, and I was right.