Chapter Eight

♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆

"Watch and you will see. One day I will be a part of your world!"

------Hans Christian Anderson, "Little Mermaid"

♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆

Chapter Eight
ღஐ✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿ஐღ

I did not have to go in to my new job until later on that afternoon. So I had all day to spend at the local beach with Finn. That was what I planned on doing. I really wanted to get to know him more. I was enjoying my time with him.

Each day. Being around Finn made me not want to go back home to that mess back home that my parents had created. I was loving my new life here.

I had pretty much made up my mind to live here with Grandma. I was going to go apartment hunting once I was working full time at the aquarium. Right now I was enjoying living with Grandma.

Even if she was a bit kooky.

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

"Heading out for a swim?" Grandma wants to know as I finish up my breakfast.

"Sure am. Going to practice what they taught me over at the YMCA" I explain to her as I drink the rest of my juice.

"I am sure Finn will be proud of you" Grandma mentions as she winks at me.

"I am not just doing this for Finn you know" I scoff.

"Sure, sure!" Grandma laughs as she reads over the daily ads in the newspaper.

"I am not" I tell her feeling defensive.

"Nothing is wring with wanting to impress someone you like" Grandma replies as she flips to the next page of her paper.

"First of all Gram, I am just friends with Finn. I am not setting out to impress him. I do want to learn to swim. You know I have been wanting to learn how to swim now. For a very long time now" I remind her sternly.

"Sure, sure. Have fun out there. Be safe. Tell Finn, that I said hello" Grandma says as she winks at me before going back to reading her paper. I go to get my shoes on. Rigsby follows me to the door.

"No, boy. Sorry not this time. Maybe later I will take you for a walk okay?" I offer him another time. I could not swim and walk a dog at the same time. Rigsby looks disappointed in me.

"Come here boy! Here boy! I have a treat for you!" Grandma calls out to him. His ears perk up as he rushes over to her.

"Thanks Gram. See you later" I tell her.