Chapter Twelve

♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆

"I want to be a part of your world"
-----Hans Christian Anderson, "The Little Mermaid"

♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆

Chapter Twelveღஐ✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿ஐღ

Chapter Twelve
ღஐ✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿ஐღ

It was late at night. Not sure what time of night it was really. Just knew it had been really late out. I was tossing and turning in my bed. Thinking of quitting my job. Heading home. Leaving behind Finn forever. Something in my heart told me no.

Don't go yet. How can I leave him? But Crystal was right. I should leave him alone. Each night I kept the clip near me. Under my pillow as a reminder of Finn and all the magic he had brought back in my life. Tears came to me. The moon light shone in my room.

Keeping me awake. Wondering what he was doing now. I hear a scary noise out there. Kind of like a screeching noise.

It was not an owl. Not sure what this was. It made me sit up in bed. My heart began to pound with fear. I hear it again.

I hear Rigsby barking at the sound. The lights come on in the hall. I knew it woke Grandma to. SCREECH, HOWL. It sounded like some wounded creature was in great pain out there.

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

"GRAM?" I call out.

"COME OUT HERE!" she demands to me suddenly. I rush out there. She was getting a flash light. And a knife. A fishers net...what was going on here?

"Gram? What is going on?" I demand to know. SCREECH....HOWL.

"That noise is not just an animal in pain. That is FINN. He is crying. The last time I heard him cry in pain like that was when the fisherman caught him in the net. We have to rescue him" Grandma demands. Finn. He was hurt. My heart pounds with fear.

"I will do whatever it takes to save his life. Come on. He needs us" I demand to Gram.

She nods. It was supposed to rain out that night. Nothing mattered. I had to help save FINN. HOWL...ugh. Poor Finn. I rush with Grandma out to the beach in the night. She has her flash light out on the beach shore line.

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

"Call to him honey. Find out where he is at" she demands to me. I nod.

"FINN!" I cry out. HOWL. I get the chills hearing his painful cry. "FINN" I call out. "Finn where are you!" I cry.

My hear pounds with fear. I hope we can find him. It would be all my fault if they had him. Suddenly my Grandma shines the light on the sea. We see Finn. In the water. Not in a net. He was wailing. Crying to the moon light. He blinks as he stops to look at us.

"Finnagen why are you crying in pain like this? Did you get hurt?" Grandma asks.

He goes to leave us. Something was wrong. He never shunned me like this before. I see hurt flash in his eyes as he glares at me. Right at me.

"Finn!" I call out to him not to leave "Finn don't go" I beg of him.

He stops. I see him look at me like he was thinking of leaving. He was so human sometimes I forgot he was part fish. So sensitive. He was hurting. I hurt him.

"Gram, let me talk to him. Alone. I know what is wrong" I tell her softly.

"Finnagen I hope you are alright. I will be back to check on you" Grandma tells him as she heads off to the house leaving me with the flash light. And Finn. Tears come to me to see him hurting.

"Finn was that you crying like that?" I ask softly. He looks at me then goes under the waters.

"FINN!" I cry back. "Please come back" I beg.

"FINN" I beg.

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

I sigh as I sit on the sand. I sit waiting for him to return. No more cries echo in the night. No more cries of pain. My own tears come.

Tears knowing we could not be together. Tears knowing I caused him pain. "Finn!" I mumble his name softly. We were worlds apart.

"Sydney why did you leave me? You promised you would always come see me" I finally hear him say.

"Finn!" I call out happily. I was so glad he came back. I rush into the water. The chilly water in my clothing.

"Are you crazy girl? You will catch a cold" he tells me as I rush to his side.

"I don't care. I could not bare to see you in pain" I tell him. "Did you get hurt? Did they hurt you? Are you alright?" I worry.

"No one hurt me. They did not catch me" he tells me.

"Why were you crying in pain Finn? We heard you in the night" I ask softly with worry.

"I was crying over you. You never returned to me. You said you would" he replies angrily. "My soul ached for you. You did not care" he snaps.

"Finn, I do. You have no idea how much I do!" I slip out saying. He looks at me.

"Why did you stay away?" he demands to know.

"Crystal. I came to see you. But she was here. She told me to leave you alone. To make you go back home. That it would never work with us" I say softly.

"You listened to her. You knew what I wanted. That I do not want to go back. You know how that feels yourself with your family. Maybe you do not understand me like I thought you did" he tells me. "You are human after all!" I could not believe he says this to me. My soul aches. He was in pain lashing out at me. He heads back in the waters.

"Finn! Please do not go" I beg.

I cry. I lost him. I really lost him. I had to swim out there. It was night. It was scary. But he needed me to prove to him I cared.

"Finn!" I call out to him. "Finn do not leave me" I beg. I try my best to swim out there. Something catches my leg.

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

Sea weed is stuck to my leg. I am drug under. I cannot free my leg. Panic sets in my heart. I was going too drowned.

Suddenly someone grabs me. Rips the sea weed off my leg. They swim me to shore. Then sets me in the sand.

"I warned you. Stay away from Finn. You will never fit in his world. You never can. Not like I can. Let him go. Stay away" she warns me.

Crystal saved my life. I watch as she swims off. She was right. Should I let Finn go?

♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆

• Please vote!!

• Hit that star ☆!!

• I ♥ comments!!

|Fan|Vote|Comment|Love|Share|Save|