Chapter Twenty-One

♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆

"You want something done, you've got to do it yourself"

------Hans Christian Anderson, "Little Mermaid"

♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥

Chapter 21ღஐ✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿ஐღ

Chapter 21
ღஐ✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿ஐღ

Sad to say I did not make it a week at my new job. I had gotten the job alongside of Finn. I was happy about that at first. But turns out I was just not cut out for being a waitress. Plus I hated to work alongside of Hilary.

She was flirting with Finn right under my nose. Bob liked Hilary to. More than a coworker. I was sure there was a past fling that happened there sometime. Finn just thought that Hilary's flirting was her way of being NICE. I knew otherwise.

"You know you pout your lip will stick like that" jokes Grandma as I sit there on the couch flipping through channels on tv. I was waiting for Finn to get off work before I could pick him up. I was happy he was working. I was proud of him. It was Hilary I did not like or trust.

"Hush Grandma" I sigh.

I was in no mood to be teased.

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

"You know that boy wears his heart on his sleeve. He is in love with you. No one else is going to ruin that" she reminds me.

"Grandma, look what happened to Mom and Dad? That never lasted" I point out bitterly.

"But your Grandfather and I did last until he passed away" she reminds me. "Years of wedded bliss for us. And you are not your Mother. You told me that many times did you not?" she jokes.

"Yes Grandma you did. It is just, I trust Finn. I do. I do not think he would hurt me. I do not trust Hilary at all" I grumble.

"I know you don't. But if you love Finn you need to trust him. He trusts you" she says as she smiles. She waters a potted plant in the living room.

"It is just hard to. Gram remember my ex Johnny?" I ask her softly.

"Yes I know. He was your high school honey. You two were together a long time? Why?" she asks me.

"Well, there is something I never told anyone about Johnny. He had cheated on me. Like my Dad cheated on Mom. He cheated on me with my exfriend Cindy" I sigh.

"Oh honey, not all men cheat. Men can be faithful. I think Finn would never do that to you. He has eyes only for you" she tells me as she hugs me.

"I hope so. I love him so very much. I would hate to lose him" I worry.

"You will not lose that boy" she says with a smile. Suddenly I had a call on my cell. It was Finn's work I answer.