46 | love, hazel parker

" Have you ever met a person who at first glance you're not attracted to but then you talk and with every word, every smile, every laugh, they become more beautiful until you can't believe there was a moment you didn't think they were

" Have you ever met a person who at first glance you're not attracted to but then you talk and with every word, every smile, every laugh, they become more beautiful until you can't believe there was a moment you didn't think they were."

- Atticus

✰✰✰

" Alright Tab, when we get back to barracks you'll have to fork it over," Babe said smugly as the group, whether treading in the lake water, or sitting on the edges of the dock, stayed in a tiny circle, the warm, sweet breeze brushing their skin.

" I only owe you $20 Babe, and you owe me $40 so I don't know where that cockiness is coming from," Tab argued back as the group let out a ring of chuckles. Catherine took a glance past George's shoulder who was next to her and nearly threw up.

Joe and Hazel - they were coming, right down the path, his arm securely wrapped over hers, as she laughed at something he said. Catherine couldn't imagine if they suddenly heard them - oh lord.

" Guys, hey, hey, guys, they're coming." Catherine whispered. But before it could touch George's ears, he was already running down to the dock and pulling Hazel and Joe, who looked wholeheartedly confused, into his arms.

" And you're really going to start a family with him?" Johnny said with a smirk and Catherine let out a laugh shaking her head. She was. No one at the edge of the dock could hear the immediate conversation between Hazel, Joe and George, but by the smug look on George's face, and the reddening cheeks of both Joe and Hazel, it was evident that 2 of George's most favorite words at the moment, bet and the fact he had won, were definitely in the air.

The group watched George proudly walk down the dock, swinging his arms at his sides, as he took in the fresh mountain air as if he were some sort of Greek God as Hazel, blushing like a tomato and Joe, looking quite the same but quite possibly actually pissed right behind them.

" I told you all that I KNEW this was coming," George said.

" Yeah it's because you knew about it the longest asshole," Joe said as he approached and George chuckled. Eyes widened around the entire group.

" So this wasn't just a few month thing?" Babe asked with wide eyes, suddenly going back and recounting his money.

" No, it wasn't-" George said but Joe slapped a hand over George's mouth.

" You bet on us?" Joe asked, with a raised brow. George nodded from behind his hand.

" A whole wad of cas-" Lizzie was next to slam a hand over Tab's mouth with a forced smile upon her features.

" You can kindly shut your mouth," she said and Tab narrowed his eyes as Bull chuckled from beside him in the water.

" And you-" Tab said removing her hand," can kindly remove your hand, Elizabeth."