Day One

Disclaimer: I don't own Gilmore Girls.
First fanfic so be nice in comments(kinda sensitive)
Occasionally scenes and/ or lines from original show is used, in case you recognize any writing.
Sorry for any bad grammar.

_____

Half way to Philadelphia she stops at a gas station. She fills up her car then goes inside to pay. She sees a coffee maker; she buys herself another coffee, ‘to boost my energy’ is what she told herself. When she gets back into her car, she decides she should probably call Jess to tell him she’s an hour and a half away.

“Hey Jess.”

“Rory, hi.”

“Hi.”

“You said that already.”

Rory chuckled softly, “Right, sorry.”

“You don’t need to apologize. So why’d you call?”

“Oh, just to say I’m an hour and a half away.”

“Ok. Well that’s great, we can go out for lunch if you want?”

“Yes that’d be great!” she smiled to herself, why was she feeling so excited to see Jess, she was just going to visit an old friend.

“Ok, well I’ll text you the address.”

“Ok, bye!”

“Bye.”

Rory smiled she was about to start the car when her phone rings out, without checking the caller I.D she picks her phone up.

“Hello?”

“Rory!”-

She almost instantly hangs up. She was not going to let Logan ruin her day. She lets out a loud groan, and calls her mom. They end up chatting right until Rory pulls up at the address Jess sent her.

_ _ _

Jess watches as she pulls her car in, waiting by the entrance.  He gave her a soft wave, before opening her car door. She leaps out and gives him a quick hug, leaving him in shock and no time to hug her back. When she pulls away and sees his face she just laughs.

“Hi.”

“Hey.”

Jess motions them towards the entrance of the café, and opens the door for them to go in.

“So how have you been?”

“Oh, you know could be better.”

“Yeah? Have you fixed things with Logan? You’ve left him, right?” a glint of hope shone in his eyes.

“Ohh yeah, I’m not going back to him any time soon.” Rory sighed in relief. “He called me right after I called you.”

“And what did he say? What did you say?”

“I don’t know what he said because I hung up as soon as I realized it was him.”