Day Five

Disclaimers: I don't own Gilmore Girls.
First fanfic so be nice in the comments (I'm still sensitive)
Occasionally scenes and/ or lines from original show is used, in case you recognize any writing.
Sorry for any bad grammar.

Finale!

______

The next day Rory and Jess wake up extra early, to go back to Stars Hollow. Jess is making them breakfast while Rory packs up all her stuff, she rummages through Jess’ book collection fishing out a couple books to read on the drive.  She picks up, ‘Slaughterhouse Five’ by Kurt Vonnegut, ‘On The Road’ by Jack Kerouac and ‘The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test’ by Tom Wolfe.

“Morning Jess!” she walks up to him and gives him a kiss. When she pulls away he hands her a plate with eggs and toast. “Thank you!”

“Someone’s very happy, considering you’re about to meet your ex.”

“Oh trust me I’m not excited about that. I’m going to see my mom again!” she realizes in hindsight that it sounded rather childish, but Jess was used to it. She sat down at the table eating her food.

“So are Matthew and Chris coming back today?”

“uh no the guys said they’d be back tomorrow.”

“Ok.”

“You got everything?”

“Yeah, I took a few of your books.”

“Yeah? Which ones did you take?”

“Um, I have ‘Slaughterhouse Five’, ‘On The Road’ and ‘The Electric Kool-Aid Acid.” She says putting the books on the table as she called them out.

“Good selection.” Rory smiles then continues to eat, when they finish eating they head out. They take Rory’s car, Jess said he would come back on a bus. We drove back home, windows down, air flowing through the car. They drove listening to CD’s debating what songs were the best. After a while Rory started reading one of Jess’ favorite books, ‘On The Road’, aloud. Three hours later they pulled up outside of the Gilmore Girl’s residence.

When they got out of the car Lorelai rushed over to greet them, she gave Rory a tight hug, “Offspring! you’re back home!” Rory gave her mom tight hug.

“Mom let me breathe!”

“Sorry!” she turns to see Jess standing with bags around him. She gives him a nod, “Jess. How have you been?”

“I’ve been great. Business is booming.” Lorelai gives him a polite smile before leading them inside.

“You guys came at the perfect time; I was just about to leave to Luke’s.”

“Sorry mom, we made plans, we have to meet up with someone!”

“Oh ok.” Lorelai says sadly, she was so excited to hang out with her daughter.

“But hey we can all go for dinner.”

“Perfect!” Lorelai says happy again.

Jess comes back from changing in the bathroom, he was wearing some jeans and one of his better button down shirts, from what he knows about Logan he knew the restaurant would be fancy. He gives Rory a signal to leave the room. One of the things they had discussed on the drive was that Jess wanted to apologize to Lorelai.