4. The note

Rose

My eyes lock with Damien’s as I stare hard at him."What do you want?" My voice quivers as the sound of a chair scraping against the floor fills the darkness.
"I want to talk." The lights flicker back on, reducing the intensity of the situation. I inhale a sharp breath and calm myself down, keeping my eyes focused on Damien - who is now seated by the table. His fangs extend as he straightens his back against the chair.
"Come, sit. " He motions to the chair opposite to him with a small wave.
I remain lost in thought as I mentally debate on doing as he said. He loses his patience as he growls in frustration. "Oh come on, I haven't got all night!"

Ok, better not anger a killer Vampire.

I move and sit on the chair next to Damien, patiently waiting for him to break the small silence. I rub my hands in anticipation and flicker my eyes over to him. "So what's your full name?" He asks out of the blue and I raise an eyebrow.

"Rose Gracia...yours?"

"I am a Vampire, I don't have the last name," he answers with a smug expression displayed on his face.

I simply roll my eyes and remain motionless in my seat expecting Damien to ask me another useless question. But, he doesn't. Instead, he adjusts his hands in his pockets and looks at me with no emotion. His pale face and golden eyes shining even brighter than the lights of my room. I slowly squirm under his gaze.

Is something there on my face?

"Uh, hello?"

No response
He continues to stare at me, and we stay there for the next 20 minutes. Me looking at him awkwardly and ready to jump any time, and Damien looking at me with no expression as if he is a rock. He doesn’t move an inch, keeping still as a statue. Has he really turned to a  stone? Do Vampires hibernate like that or something?

I slowly move forward and move my hand to check if he really has turned to a stone.

Haha if this happens I could easily run out of here.

I stretch my hands even further to touch his skin. His eyes are still looking where he was looking before.No movement at all. I poke his nose with my index finger and instantly his eyes shift to me, who is now weirdly half sitting and half standing with a stretched arm.

Talk about the most embarrassing moment.

"What exactly do you think you are doing?" His cold voice snaps me out of my thoughts, while a scowl forms on his face.

"What? It's you who turned into a statue for the last twenty minutes.". He moves back to his previous position,, causing me to shake my head. "Oh, no no no you are not going back to looking at me like a statue again. I need an explanation."
"Look, I was just thinking ok, so chillax." He rolls his eyes and looks outside my window. I follow his gaze and look up to see everything completely dark. Right, No lights or tall towers like Paris or anything. The only thing I could see was the moon, and it was full.

"What are you looking at?" I ask and expect a response, but he only grunts before getting up to walk over to my kitchen.

Excuse me? This is my room.

"Hey! Answer me! What's up with this weird attitude?" I follow him into the kitchen, pausing when I spot the coke in his hand.  My coke.

“What?” He opens the can in front of me and raises it upto his thin lips, taking a sip.

"What's with this weird attitude?" I question again and he shrugs.

He pretends to think as he lifts his finger to his chin, with his eyes flickering over to the ceiling. "Hmm...Let's see, maybe because you are the first human to ever last so long without me killing you yet." He glances back at me and releases a chuckle.