Chapter 8 - Doubt

Ava's POV

I'd just gotten back from my walk with Luke, it seemed like he'd taken things pretty well.

I looked at my watch, it was 8:45, I still have some time before Nora wakes up.

As I walked over to the couch and sat down, I thought about what I'd do with Luke tonight. I had to teach him how to control his shift as best as possible before the full moon, otherwise a lot of people could get hurt.

Nora's POV

I was lying on my bed when I heard someone open the front door.

"It must be Ava" I thought.

She'd just gotten back from wherever she'd been, all I knew was that she'd been with Luke again.

I'd woken up early to surprise Ava and spend more time with my BFF, but she'd disappeared.

Ever since we'd arrived at camp Ava had been acting different.

This was the second time she'd gone out with Luke and there was something she wasn't telling me.

I looked at the time, it was 9:45

I got up and went to have a shower. As I was walking towards the bathroom I heard Ava say "Good Morning sleepy head!".

I grumbled in response and closed the door.

I stepped inside the shower and turned it on, the warm water slid down my body giving me goose-bumps.

"Nora! I'm going to get some breakfast, I'll meet you at the food hall!" I heard Ava call from the front door.

Time skip

As I stepped into the food hall I saw Ava talking with Luke, I rolled my eyes while making my way towards the food table, I'm not usually the jealous type but they were keeping things from me and I didn't like it.

The table was decorated with a typical breakfast consisting of, bacon, eggs, pancakes, and a colourful variety of fruits.

I sighed and picked up a plate and loaded it with a stack of pancakes, grabbing the syrup I brushed someone's hand.

Looking up, I saw it was Dylan, Luke's Friend.

"Hey Nora" he said cheerfully.

I smiled "Morning Dylan"

"Do you know what Luke was doing this morning? When I woke up he was gone and when he got back he said he was with Ava, is there something I don't know?" he questioned me.

"Honestly I don't know" I replied.

"Oh well, it's probably nothing" he said as he waved and walked away.

I walked over to Ava and Luke and sat down, Ava smiled.

"Hey Noe" she greeted me, using my nickname "We were just talking about what activities we're gonna sign up for"

I swallowed my doubt and smiled.

"I was thinking about taking art classes, and maybe some sailing" I replied.

"Nice, I'll do sailing with you and I'm gonna do track running with Luke" Ava replied as she shovelled bacon into her mouth.

I cringed at her carnivorous eagerness and took a bite of watermelon.

"I think I'll do sailing with you guys as well" Luke added.

The rest of breakfast consisted of Luke and Ava chatting nonstop, I only got a few sentences in before I finally got bored and excused myself.

"I'm gonna go, I need to sign up for my activities" I explained.

"Ok, how about we meet at the lake later and go swimming?" Ava suggested.

"Sure, sounds fun!" I said cheerfully "I'll meet you there at 3 then"

Ava agreed and I walked off.

Heyy, hope you all enjoyed the new chapter. Please don't forget to vote, comment and tell me your opinions.

Byeee 😜