Chapter 52: Everybody Knows

On Saturday, I have a surprise. Is 5 good? (Sebastien)

Yes, that's good! what should I expect?

It might be cold so dress warm ;)  (Sebastien)

***

I notice the light sound of coffee beans grinding as Becky, Jess, and Luka gape in their spots in front of me. Two days have passed since New Year's day and I don't think reality has set in for me until now. I just told the three of them that Sebastien and I kissed and he recently asked me out on a date. So now it is starting to hit me that it did happen. I nervously tuck my hair behind my ear waiting for them all to say something.

"You like Sebastien?" Becky blurts as Jess says at the same time, "I knew it!"

My face flushes and I look down. "Kinda yeah...Actually, kinda is an understatement. I like him more than a lot."

Becky's mouth drops even farther. "I never saw that coming," she murmurs taken aback and Lukas sinks deeper into the couch beside her.

"Oh my god, finally," Luka says smugly sipping his coffee and I stifle my smile.

Jess claps over him. "This is so exciting! Oh my gosh. You know what could be fun, we could go on a double date!"

My eyebrows shoot up. "Um, yeah okay let's not think about that yet. We have to get through the first date first."

"Okay, but then after that."

I take a huge bite out of my nutty cookie. "We'll see," I answer nervously, and my email chimes. I glance down examining the email.

It is an honor to inform you that you have been selected for an intern position at Washington hospital. If you like to agree please inform...

I stare blankly at my white screen before shoving my phone back face down. I don't even know if I got the internship, because of me or my dad and that infuriates me to the point that I cannot even enjoy the good news. I turn my attention back to the three of them pushing the news aside for now.

***

Saturday

"So I think it's time I confess something..." I start to say to Jamie after meeting up at her sorority house.

"Ooh, this sounds juicy! Do tell," she exclaims plopping down onto her bed.

I take a deep breath before frantically unraveling everything between Sebastien and me. I reveal a lot more details than I told Jess, Becky, and Luka and I show her our recent text about our date. Her smirk gets wider and wider as my story unfolds.

"Oh honey we all saw that coming," she murmurs with a small laugh.

I blink. "What?"

"You two have been dancing around each other like ballerinas forever. It was bound to happen sooner or later." She looks down at the phone again. "Wait, you're going today? Oh my goodness. You're not even dressed!"

I laugh softly. "I know, I first wanted to tell you and then ask for your help."

"Yay! Okay, so he said warm hmm." She rubs her chin in thought. "Aha! I got an idea!"

I watch as she sprints to her closet half her body disappearing and she twists back with a black winter vest. "I got it. Cute and sporty. I can imagine he will take you somewhere you're going to be active. And then you can match it with a cute long-sleeve and you'll be golden."

I bite my lip, my smile growing. "This is great, thanks James."

"Absolutely! So since you're here and ready for my disposal, can I pretty please do your hair and makeup?"

"Yes of course, thanks! But you know the drill... nothing drastic." I give her a stern look.

She grins in delight. "I know! It's just about making you feel a little more confident and daring." She grabs her curling iron and makeup bag telling me to sit in her vanity chair.

"So, how are things with you and Jeremy? I saw you two on New Year's Eve and you looked cozy," I question her as I sit down into her plush seat.

She chuckles. "Oh, we're really good. He apologized and I did too. I explained I should have been clear I was openly dating and he apologized for not being clear about us only seeing each-other. I think that's why I felt so guilty and didn't know if what I was doing was okay. We should have spoke about it earlier on, but now we decided to start fresh and be exclusive! I know I only want to date him. I really like him, like I love trying to get him to smile every five seconds so I can see those adorable dimples of his."

"Aww" I coo and she plugs in the curling iron.

"Yeah, it's nice." She smiles. "But, I want to hear more Emma," she urges. "How do you feel? Are you ready to jump Sebastien's bones?"

"James!" I go twist her around, but she stops me.

"Careful! I got a burning iron in my hands."

I roll my eyes before my stomach twists in butterflies. "Honestly I'm um, insanely nervous. Is that weird? It's Sebastien. I have literally known him forever, but it feels like a true first date."

"If you didn't find it nervous then that would be weird. It's still the first date even if it's a guy you have known forever. You are taking a new step."

"Okay true, but how am I supposed to act?" I twirl my ring around my finger deep in thought.

"What do you mean? You already made out with him and you always talk with him. So just do the two together now. The line was always messy between you two anyway." She waves the curling wand around nonchalantly.

I gawk at her in the mirror. "You're not helping," I squeak.

"Oh, Emma. You're freaking out over nothing!"

"But what if we are one of those couples that really thought they liked each other but are better as friends. And then we make everything weird and it's never the same," I ramble frantically, all my fears and insecurities spilling out.

She examines my petrified expression through the mirror. "If there are any two people that make sense, it's you and Sebastien. It's time you just go for it. You can't hit pause or rewind anyway." She shifts in front of me. "Close your eyes." I obey and she outlines my eyes in a tacky glue before attaching individual false lashes. "Open." I peel my eyelids wide and she looks me over.

"Perfect, you look completely adorbs! I think I have far outdone myself." She claps and I blush at her expression. We go to my dorm and settle on a black long sleeve with elbow cut-outs along with a classic pair of earrings for my outfit. After I tug on some black boots she shortly leaves with a suggestive wink. Now alone, I anxiously wait by myself attempting to not stir my nerves even more.

***
*author's note*
Thanks for your patience! I started writing the first date ;) any guesses where they are going to go?? Don't forget to vote & comment 💕

Thanks for reading as always you're all amazing!