Chapter 4

Steve and I took a taxi back to the tower. There he got his keys to his old motor cycle, then we drove down to the beach.

---AT BEACH---

We arrived at the beach a little after 10. Steve helped me off the motorcycle then we walked down to the water. "Steve?" He looked over to me, "are you ok?" he looked down and stopped. I went and stood in front of him then said, "please let me in." he gave me a small smile, "it's hard here. i get everyone is trying to help, but i just. Sometime i wish i could of stayed in that ice. I'm all alone."

i took the captains hand, "captain, if there is one good thing i can tell you then let this be it, you're not alone." he smiled and squeezed my hand, "so, how do you feel getting to come out here?" i smiled as the two of us contiued walking, "i've left home once before. this is all foregin country for me. the battle field is the only place that i've ever know outside my small town."

"what branch?"

"Navy. 2 tours. I would of gone for a third, and i still might."

"why didnt you?"

"my brother needed help. he still does. being mayor is taxing on a new city. he needs help, and doesnt trust anyone but me," i stopped as we got to the water, "i'm here, and i'll be by your side till the end of the line." his eyes got wide and i started to panic, "what!? did I say something wrong?" he shook his head, "oh, no. It's just, it was a saying my best friend Bucky used to say. How did you?" i looked at him and said, "the boys i served with used to say SYOTOS. It means See You On The Other Side. My friend austin watched a lot of tv when we were on leave. he told me he heard it on a show and it fit. We fought hard and went to war. It was a hell of fight and i burried my best friend," i looked down, "i guess it's fitting to have his last word be SYOTOS."

"I'm sorry."

"thanks, he was a good man," i smiled, "so, do you take all your girl friends here on a first date?" he blushed, "actually," he placed his hands behind his head, "your the first." his comment made me blush, and looking at him in the dress uniform, well it made my heart skip a beat. be determined. I had never felt like this before, if these were my fealings, or that of my original counter part was to be determined. I wanted to tell him about me, but i couldnt. i made a promise to my brother that i'd keep everything a secret unless i was needed.

"i'm sorry. did i say something wrong?" i shook my head, "heavens no Captain Rogers. I'm just not used to a guy being nice. Where i come from you had to fight to survive. That all changed when my brother proposed the idea of going to the states and starting a new. We slayed our demons captain, and we lost innocent lives for it. Captain Rogers, dont be sorry. kindness is just a foreign concept to me."

he nodded his head then pulled out a phone from his pocket. he pushed a few buttons as he he took a deep breath. i walked over to him and said, "would you like some help?" he nodded his head then handded me the phone before i continued, "perhaps when we get back the tower, perhaps i could show you how to use it. it took me some time too."

he nodded his head, "maybe i could take you out to grab a bite to eat. Its," he looked at the clock on the phone as i handed it back to him, "its a little after mid night, and i know of this great dinner in Brooklyn," he put his phone away then said, "that's if it's still there." i smiled and took his hand as he placed it out to me, "Steve, even if it's not, I'd still go." we smiled at each other then left.