Chapter 9: Steve's room

after about 10 minutes i started to become inpatient, and thats when I started to knock a little harder, "if you dont open up this door Captain Rogers, then I'm going to have to open it for you." To be honest I probably was just going to walk away, thats when the door clicked open. When I pushed the door open I could see steve's six foot figure walking toward me, "what the hell do you want."

i said, "i came here to talk."

"i dont want to talk. I have nothing to say to you."

"well I do, so shut up and sit down." i stood there by the door as he went and sat on the edge of his bed, "steve... When I was born my brother urged the importance of me being good, using my powers for good, and the only way he thought I would was to research you. At first I thought it was stupid... Why research the dead? Eventually, i learned your story backwards and forwards. I started to have dreams about you and how I'd watch you save innocent people," i looked down, "then they found you and i thought to myself, maybe he could be the one to save me," i took a step back, "i wanted to meet you, i had to meet my hero, and when i heard about this scholarship, well I knew this would be my chance. then i met you, and you were nothing like the stories. You were polite, who could blame you for not wanting to talk to me," i took a few more steps back, "but when you swept me away from that party, well that feeling of being rescued came back and I thought..." I opened the door then looked back at him, "i thought wrong. Captain Rogers your just like everyone else. Once they find out about me, and what I can do... Well, they push me away. I'm a lost soul just looking to..." i looked away from him, "have a good life Captain Rogers," i walked out then shut the door and headed to my room.

---

steve sat there on the bed thinking about what he had just heard. he didn't know weather to go after her or...

"sir, If i can say something," said jarvis.

steve looked up to the ceiling, "go ahead jarvis."

"go after her sir. Before it's to late."

steve stood up, "where is she?"

jarvis said, "she is packing her things in her room sir."

steve left without another word and ran to Lily's room.

---Lily's Room---

"Lily!" steve stopped in the door way when he saw me on the floor in tears.

"c-come here to rub it in?"

steve went and sat in front of me then placed his hand on my face, "i'm sorry... god, I'm so sorry. I've never really had someone to take an interest in me. Lily, i'm so sorry."

i looked up at him, "Captain Rogers, dont try and fake this for me," i stood up then grabbed my suitcase, "Captain, i'm going home. I'm done being made the fool. you had a chance, and i wont sit her and try and fake a smile when i know how you really feel. You're..." i wiped the tears from my face then left the room. Steve followed. As I walked down the hallway i said, "Jarvis, please tell Mr. Stark I will be returning for my things soon. I'm going home," i walked over to skye. Steve was still following.

i said, "I'm sorry, but I'm going to go home. I can't stay here anymore. Tell Director Coulson I'll stand behind him 100% , it's just. I'm sorry Skye. do you want me to take you back to the base?" she shook her head no, "ok, well if you need help with your gifts, or if you ever want to talk... i'll be there." skye said, "where are you going?" i looked towards the windows then back to her, "i dont know. I've never left starting city before this trip. i'm thinking about touring the world. i'd ask you to come with me, but i know you have priorities." she nodded her head, "take care of yourself." i nodded my head then stepped back and disappeared.

---

skye walked over to the elevator, "you sure are stupid."

steve walked up to skye, "excuse me?"

sky continued, "that girl was head over heals with you from the moment she met you, and you just pushed her away. Captain Rogers, that girl is a hero, and pushing her away because she not human is just wrong. You," skye walked into the elevator, "she wants a normal life just like you and everyone of us," the elevator door shut and skye left.