Vengeance

"Death is inevitable, immortality is intoxicating."

Bubbles emerged from his nostrils while he sat peacefully at the bottom of the sea. He had waited eons for today, it was finally here. There was a wave of disturbance as he opened his eyes, two green halos spreading across the seabed. He slowly pushed himself and swam towards the surface, his body swiftly waving like a snake.

The hall was brightly lit, balloons were carelessly hanging and bouncing in the corners. From the door, a large red carpet extended towards the grand table; the two tier cake lay on the center of the table. There was a buffet at the left side of the carpet, and round wooden tables were lined up at the right.
People came in, the hall was filled with indistinct chatter, clinking glasses and solid footsteps.
As lively as the place seemed, the toilet at the corner told an opposite story. The bulbs flickered, tiles broken at places; a stream of water started filling up the sink which eventually overflowed. The stream slowly trickled along the elongated cavities between the tiles and started to escape outside.

"May I have your attention?"- the admiral announced, standing proudly near the grand table. He wore a dark blue tuxedo, had no facial hair and had a decent haircut. "Thank you all for coming at my son's birthday, I'd like you all to step closer to the table so we could start the ceremony."
The admiral glanced at his son and nodded.

"Haappyyy birthdayyyy too youuuu." - an eerie voice echoed the place before the admiral's son could even place the knife. Among the crowd, there was an entity standing lazily; his hands hanging and his glowing eyes fixed on the admiral. The left side of his face was filled with over-sized pores, water trickled from his hairline, a knife hung at his left thigh which was attached to a rope.

"Admiral. Long time." - he continued, his voice raspy like an old man but loud enough to reverberate to every corner.
"You.. you're alive." - the admiral replied in shock.
"I like the fear in your eyes." - he crookedly smiled.
"Look.. we can work this.." - before the admiral finished, the entity splashed on the floor, instantly disappearing.
"You should have thought about it before throwing me into the sea." - the knife pierced the admiral's chest as he realized the entity was standing right behind him.

He gloriously stood behind the collapsing admiral and grabbed the admiral's head, a large cross made out of ink appeared on the floor.
The admiral shouted in agony, his eyes started turning blank and his bones crackled. The entity looked back at the admiral's son who was petrified. Moments later, he splashed onto the floor, without leaving a trace.
The hall was silent, the admiral's defunct body lay before the crowd and the floor was covered with splashes of water. 

"We'll meet again. Be prepared." - the whisper entered the child's ears as he passed out.