5 - Madrid

I woke up when the first rays of sun began to stream through the window and the clarity hit me right in the eyes. I tried to go back to sleep by covering my face with Amelia's pillow, but after several moves, I concluded that it was an impossible mission. Resigned, I threw the pillow aside and lie on my back while I slowly opened my eyes, letting them get completely used to the sun of this Madrid summer that was already beating down hard.

I got up, went to the kitchen and heated up the coffee that my girlfriend had left in the coffee pot, checked if she left the dishes full with water and food for Bella, and went to the bathroom to do my personal hygiene routine. When I was done, I went back to the kitchen and filled up my cup, half coffee half milk, took two pieces of toast and put them on a plate, and after putting everything on a tray, I took it to the living room to throw me off on the couch.

I started to eat breakfast, and little Bella started to call my attention with a whimper indicating that she wanted to be by my side, with my girlfriend we had decided that we shouldn't let her be on the couches and/or bed, because when she'll grow up it was going to be difficult to get her used to the fact that she shouldn't, but it was enough to look at her little crying eyes to break the rule and lift her up to let her lie between my legs.

- This is a secret between us, don't tell Mommy, okay? - I told her by pointing my index finger as a warning; the little tongue she left on it sealed the pact.

I took my mobile phone and went to catch up in my networks, Twitter to see if Luz was already altering the fandom, Instagram to see if Lucia had uploaded new photos that would make me fall in love with her a little more, after some hearts, comments and retweets, I went in to thank the comments that the readers left on the story I was writing on Wattpad, and I kept silent when they asked me when I was going to update, and then I went to see my What's App.

As always, I had a message from my dad telling me the menu of the day of the Asturiano in case I wanted him to take a little bit for Amelia and me, a message from my girlfriend telling me how her day in the studio had started, with some pictures of her, her colleagues, and all together, and finally a message from my sister telling me if I wanted to meet her for lunch, she didn't tell me, but with the brevity of her message, I had no doubt that she again, was having problems with Ignacio, so I confirmed that at two o'clock in the afternoon I would be in the rest near by the studio where Amelia was filming, so when I was finished with my sister I could pick her up. When Maria told me the OK, I sent a message to my girlfriend to tell her that I was going to pick her up in the afternoon, and as soon as possible that she would tell me what time she'll finish.

When I finished breakfast, I cleaned the kitchen, tidied up the room and went to take a bath, wrapped myself in my towel and went to the room to start taking out clothes and leaving them on the bed until I decided on my outfit. It was a warm summer day, so a light dress was the best option, but I didn't know if my girlfriend would want to go for a walk later, so maybe the dress didn't seem such a good idea anymore. A pair of jeans, no, too warm for the day, and so I was passing discarded clothes to end up on my bed. When there was practically nothing left in my wardrobe, I threw myself on the bed in frustration, covering my face with my hands. It was at that moment that I noticed that some tears had started to fall down my face. What was wrong with me? Could I be so pathetic that I was crying because I couldn't find anything to wear?

I wiped my face and closed my eyes, trying to do what I had told myself a long time ago in therapy, to go to my happy place. The afternoon soap opera with the scenes of my favourite fictional couple were the first to show up. Did my life feel so empty that I had to draw on fictional characters to feel a little bit better? I jumped up and went to the kitchen to get a glass of water and try to get the knot in my throat down, which was getting bigger and bigger.