6 - There's something about Mary

Luisita and Amelia were walking slowly to home, after a rather strange night, although if Amelia had to be honest, all the events with the Gomez were like this, peculiar.

There was something about the family reunion routine that Amelia was fascinated by, on most of the times it began by surrounding a table full of delicacies cooked by her dear father-in-law. they always tried to talk about over the chaos that reigned in that room, which still had brushstrokes from another time, and she loved to see how, despite the discussions or the disagreements, the Gomez always seemed to understand each other perfectly, even if they did not have a common point of view on any topic, but that night the atmosphere began rarefied by a thing that affected them all.

Maria was leaving. No matter where, the point is she was leaving, for them just the fact that one of their children changed neighborhoods, even if it was in the same city, it already seemed like a nonsense, much more if we talked about another country, as it was the case. That "together for everything" code that the Gomez had, made Amelia felt, on equally ways, tenderness and burden, but she loved them as they were.

Marce convinced Manolita and Manolín to participate in a pantomime in which they changed Maria's mind, but that didn't go very well and the fact that they invited Ignacio to the show, was the cherry on the cake that was on all dinner.

Mary had left Nacho days earlier and hardly anything had been said about it, but Amelia spent many hours listening to her friend crying for losing her.

-What have I done wrong, Amelia? – asked that heartbroken man.

-You haven't done anything wrong, Nacho. Neither does she. – The brunette answered as she hugged him by the shoulders, trying to comfort him.

-But I love her! – sobbed trying to dry tears with the palm of his hand.

-I know and I'm sure she loves you, honey, but now she's going through a bad time and she needs to do this, as much as it hurts.

-I know. I understand it, I really do, and I respect it, but it hurts me not to be enough. I couldn't make her happy. Nacho explained.

-The problem is that. All our lives we are told that we must make the people around us happy: our parents, our siblings, our co-workers, our friends, our partner... - Amelia sweetly grabbed her friend's hand.

- When happiness is no one's responsibility than ourselves, Nacho. Mary has to chase her own happiness now and you for yours and then who knows? Maybe in a while, when she decides to come back, you'll have another vision of life and take another chance together. – She smiled at him looking for his gaze.

-What if I ask her to marry me? He said suddenly, connecting his gaze with his friend, as if he had had the best idea in the world.

-What are you saying, Nacho? The confused brunette asked.

-That I'm going to ask her to marry me. Maybe that's how she realizes I love her and that she shouldn't leave to be happy. – explained to her as if that was the most logical thing.

-But... let's see... Honey, didn't you say you respected her decision?

-I do, but maybe I can change her mind. - He was saying with enthusiasm.

-I don't think it's a good ide...

-I'm going to make her a spectacular proposal, you'll see. – She was interrupted by the lawyer. – Something beautiful and impactful.

-You're wrong. – Amelia warned by touching her forehead with exhausting, although she knew that when something got into Ignacio Solano's head, nothing made him change his mind.