03| (Re)Introduction

"AM, THIS IS MY BOSS

"AM, THIS IS MY BOSS. Mr. Ethan Williams."

Amelia nodded, a little too stiffly and managed a smile even as her stomach continued to twist itself into knots.

She was going to be sick.

Alex was looking at her patiently, so blissfully unaware of the storm of emotions raging inside her.

She gritted her teeth and held out her hand.

"Amelia. Amelia Harold," she said but her voice came out barely a whisper.

She was going to be sick.

Ethan felt it too. Amelia was sure he did by the way his face hardened, eyes turning a little darker.

She held out her hand for him to shake.

"Alex's girlfriend," she added just as he bought his hand up.

His motion halted for the barest of seconds followed by a twitch in his jaw.

She hated herself for being so aware of him.

He clasped her hand and she almost gasped at the touch, eyes suddenly growing wide. She bit her lip and gave an awkward cough to cover up her actions.

His touch still sent those electric currents through her nerves.

She was going to be sick.

Alex grinned, his hand slipping around her waist as he pulled her closer.

Amelia saw the flash of something cross Ethan's features. Something dark. Something she never wanted to encounter.

His eyes lingered on Alex's arm a little longer than necessary before he brought them back to his face.

"Alex, see if the cab is here," she whispered and he nodded, pulling out his phone.

"It is. Are you sure you can't stay?" He said a little dejectedly.

"You enjoy," she whispered, not trusting her voice.

She turned around and grabbed her clutch from the stool.

"Alexandar, it's late. I think I should get going as well."

Ethan's voice. It had somehow gotten deeper. Amelia hadn't thought that could be possible.

Her knees shook and she closed her eyes, trying to focus on her breathing.

She needed to leave. Escape.

Alex said something to Ethan but she had tuned out their voices. She couldn't handle listening to him.

She was going to be sick.

She made Alex turn around and he kissed her goodbye. She was hyper aware of Ethan's eyes following their action.

Alex pulled back and she managed a smile, reassuring him that she would call once she reached home.