06| Unwanted Confessions

AMELIA GRABBED HER phone from the bed and sent a quick text to Alex, asking him when he'd be home

She threw the phone back on the bed, using the towel around her head to dry the wet strands of her dark hair.

She picked up her hairbrush from her dresser but the bell made her stop.

She frowned to herself, placing the brush back down as she walked towards the door, peeking from the peephole.

All she could see was someone's chest. She took a step back, her frown deepening.

“Who is it?” She asked unsurely.

“Lia, it's me.”

Amelia's heart dropped all the way down to her stomach.

She gritted her teeth and closed her eyes, taking a few deep breaths.

“I'm not opening the door,” she announced.

She heard him inhale sharply as if he was very done with her antics.

She rolled her eyes.

“What do you want?” She asked once the silence had stretched long enough.

“I want to talk.”

“Alex will be here any minute. You should leave.”

“He won't be,” he said and Amelia’s stomach coiled itself into tighter knots.

“What do you mean he won't be?”

“He’ll be staying late,” Ethan replied.

“Why?” She asked even though she already knew the answer.

“Because I asked him to. Because I wanted to talk to you.”

“I despise you,” she gritted out and maybe he stopped breathing for a second on the other side of the door.

“I know.” His reply came a little too late and a little slurred out.

Amelia frowned to herself.

“Are you drunk?” She asked.

“No.”

“You're fucking hammered, aren't you?” She asked, her hand flying towards the door but then she paused.