Sunder

Sunder / Sun•der
split apart

TW: Light Discussion of Alcoholism / Alcohol - In Between Bold Brackets

August 3rd // Florida - 4:21pm

It had been months since the trip, and things were far from being the same. Things were different- Clay and George were different.

Clay sat up from his bed and went over to his computer. Just recently he started streaming almost everyday. He was just about to hit the "go live" button when he suddenly didn't feel like going live today. Days like this happened every so often, and he didn't understand why.

George, on the other hand, hadn't streamed since February. Clay leaving was part of the reason, but it was more than that. After Clay left, they stayed connected but not like before the trip. They didn't text or stream together as often. Over the next few months they slowly messaged each other less and less until there was nothing. They just- stopped.

They hadn't messaged each other since June. The fans noticed the second they stopped being as close, and neither of them had come out and said anything about why. They didn't even know why themselves. George had feelings for Clay even after he left, but they quickly went away in March when he saw the post.

Clay had posted a photo on his Instagram account. It was a photo of two people standing next to each other, cropping it just so their faces weren't visible in it. The caption was the part that got to George: *insert some cheesy couples caption*.

The comments were mainly fans speculating who his girlfriend was. George didn't know why the post upset him, they were never dating or anything. I guess it was just the fact that not even two months before they had their fling, and George was planning to wait for Clay. No matter how long that would take. He only wanted him.

Clay picked up his phone, tempted to text his old friend. He typed out a message, ready to hit send. Before pressing the button, he was surprised with George's icon. George was typing a message too. He stopped before he hit send, hoping George would text him first.

_____________________________

George

hey dream

_____________________________

Clay's eyes lit up at the sight of the message. They talked for a few minutes, catching up on everything that they'd missed in the past few months.

_____________________________

Clay

hey, it's been a while

George

yeah, i'm sorry i didn't reach out
i just thought you were busy with.. stuff i guess.

Clay

you can always text whenever you want george :)

George

haha yeah..
i had an idea, and it might be stupid
but would you care if I flew out there?
for your birthday, thats all
it'd be nice to catch up on stuff yk

Clay

i'd love that george.
you can come whenever you want!!

George

is it okay if i come from the 9th-17th?

Clay

sounds perfect :)

_____________________________

They planned out George's flights, and then said their goodbyes. Clay was happy they had talked, but nervous about seeing him in person again. Would it be weird? George was his best friend once, and almost more than that. What if they had become complete strangers?

George was questioning why he put the idea out. He knew exactly what was going to happen. He would get there, Clay would introduce him to his girlfriend, and his entire world would fall apart. He would be completely miserable, faking a smile for a week. The only part of him that convinced him to send the message believed that there was a small chance his girlfriend wouldn't even be there and they could just have a nice trip, as friends.

George stood up, about to go for a walk outside. He didn't want the nerves to get to his head, or overthink the entire trip. He needed to go, whether he truly wanted to or not.

[Before closing his bedroom door, he stopped in the doorway with his hand on the doorknob while he gazed around the room. His room hadn't been this messy in years. His eyes went from the fast food bags on the floor, to the empty beers on his nightstand, to his closet. His closet was cracked open, making it only possible to see three things. He could see a green hoodie, the one Clay had given him, hanging from a hanger. It had been in there ever since he saw the post. He then moved his gaze to the top shelf of the closet, staring at the CD and the flower crown.

He paused when he saw them, taking a deep breath. After he let the air leave his lungs, he closed his eyes and soon after closed the door.

This was it. This trip. It pretty much would decide what future Clay and George had. If they would become good friends again, or continue being strangers. Honestly, a part of George was hoping for the second option. He didn't mind his current life. Waking up, going to the bar next door, coming home, and going to bed. He had been repeating that cycle for so long, it was his way of coping.]

George went out the front door, shutting it behind him. He wasn't only shutting the door to his apartment, but he was shutting the door to reality, love, happiness, peace, optimism,

hope.

Total Word Count: 900