Intricate

Intricate / Intricate
very complicated or detailed

TW: Mention of Alcohol in brackets, Alcohol Abuse / Physical Abuse in parenthesis, Hints of Anxiety / Anxiety Attacks in Asterisks.

August 9th // England - 7:03am

George took step after step until he reached his seat. He sat down after putting his bag in the overhead compartment. That's when he started to regret the idea of this entire thing. He didn't want to see Clay. It was too much.

[After the plane took off, a part of George dominated his mind, telling him he needed to order a beer to get through this trip. When the flight attendant came around, he ordered his beer and took a sip. Anything to make this week go faster, he thought.]

------------------------------------

*Clay stood next to the baggage claim scratching his arms. He was so nervous, and he scratched so hard, he drew a drop of blood from his left arm. He didn't stop scratching until he saw him. Until he saw George.*

George seemed different. His hair was messy, his clothes wrinkled, and he looked numb. Clay watched his old friend in disbelief of who he had become. This was a completely different person than what he knew.

George was staring at the floor all the way to baggage claim, until he noticed Clay's shoes. He knew they were his because he sent him a photo of them right after he bought them before the first time they met. They were different, nothing he had ever seen before. Unique.

George lifted his head, hesitant to make eye contact with him. Instead, he looked slightly towards his right ear. He didn't work up the courage to look into those deep emerald eyes. Not until he heard Clay's soft voice.

"Hey.."

"Hi Clay.."

"Hey"

It was obvious Clay was smiling the second time he said it. That was when he felt Clay's arms pull him into a hug.

"I missed you so much George."

"Yeah.."

George was torn about what to say, or if he should say anything at all. It was different than before. Clay had less confidence, and George had less emotion in everything he did.

[When Clay pulled out of the hug, George let out a sigh. Clay could smell the beer coming from his breath a mile away.]

"Since when do you drink?"

"Since when do you care?"

The entire airport seemed to get quiet, when in reality it was only the tension between them. They were in the loudest part of the airport in a crowd full of people, yet completely silent and alone.

"I- The car is close, we should go to my house so you can get some rest."

"I'm not tired."

"Either way, you should get some sleep."

"You don't get to decide what's best for me."