~ chapter 12 ~

The sun was still high in the sky as it was only mid-afternoon. Malfoy lead Madelyn through the trees on an uneven dirt path towards his destination. She was still pretty tipsy from all the liquid she consumed prior. The walk was silent as Madelyn was more focused on making sure she wasn't going to trip, but the crunching of leaves and the breeze filled the air. Eventually, they arrived to a part of the lake that Madelyn had never been to before. Without stopping, Malfoy walked onto the dock that leads out to the lake. Madelyn hesitated walking over but Malfoy turned around and waved her over. 

"This is where you wanted to go?" Madelyn asked, looking out over the lake.

"Yes," Malfoy said with his usual tone, doing the same as the girl next to him. 

"A bit random."

"Thought you enjoyed the lake?" Malfoy said, bending down and sitting on the edge of the dock with his feet dangling off. Madelyn watched as he sat down unsure if she should follow.

"I do...it was just random to want to come now, after we were just fighting," Madelyn said as got down and sat the same as the man next to her. 

"We both agreed that we had a decent time at the lake days ago, so I thought this would calm you down."

"Right," Madelyn said sarcastically, looking at him. He turned his head to meet her eyes. 

"Is this not calming you down?" He asked, sternly.

"It is?" Madelyn asked, unsure why he was caring so much about her being calm. But she, surprisingly, felt really calm. She was unsure if it was due to the liquid she drank or the location. They were far from where they were before so they both knew no one would bother them.

"Good," he said, now with a smirk. He took his hands and shoved her off the dock and into the lake. Madelyn screamed as she fell in. She came up for air and Malfoy could see how angry she was. 

"Malfoy! Are you fucking serious?" She yelled as she kept her head above the water. Malfoy was already laughing as she fell in and couldn't stop, even as she was yelling. "My fucking clothes!" Madelyn yelled as she realized that she still was fully dressed. Malfoy stood up from the dock and began unbuttoning his suit jacket. Madelyn froze as she watched him take it off, then beginning to unbutton his undershirt. 

"What are you doing?" Madelyn asked, hiding her blush.

"I can't ruin this suit," Malfoy said, smirking as he looked down and continued unbuttoning.

"Are you actually coming in?" Madelyn asked, surprised at what he was doing.

"No, I'm unbuttoning my shirt for my health," Malfoy shouted sarcastically, now pulling his undershirt off after finishing the last button. Madelyn watched as he flexed his toned body and folding his clothes nicely, then placing them on the dock. Madelyn looked over at a tree as soon as Malfoy met eyes with her when he began taking his belt off. He looked back down, allowing Madelyn to watch once again. He tossed his belt on top of his folded clothes and kicked off his shoes. Lastly he took off his socks then looked back to Madelyn. She looked at him up and down as he was now only wearing his pants. She met eyes with him, realizing that he noticed her staring at him out, making her cheeks flush. 

"Take a picture, it'll last longer," Malfoy smirked down at the girl. He seemed to have more confidence and became less tense from the liquid as well. He jumped into the lake and swam up for air, making them inches apart. Malfoy took his hand and fixed his wet hair. 

"What? Do you not like to swim?" Malfoy asked sarcastically, with his same smirk. 

"I prefer not to swim while fully clothed," Madelyn snapped but began to chuckle, allowing Malfoy to join in. "I'm surprised you're wearing your nice pants in the water."

"I can afford to buy new ones," Malfoy said, while Madelyn rolled her eyes. She forgot that his family was ridiculously rich. 

"I'm actually too scared to get out and feel the wind," Madelyn laughed. 

"Have fun with that," Malfoy said sarcastically. Madelyn laughed and splashed water at him, making him laugh again. She laid back and let her body float on top of the water. She felt relaxed hearing the water move around her then stopped and fixed herself, finding that Malfoy was staring at her.

"What?" Madelyn asked.

"Nothing."

"I'm going to get out. Swimming in jeans is worse than I thought it would be," Madelyn said as reached up for the dock. She pulled herself up and felt all the waterfall from her clothes. She began wringing out her shirt in different places, trying to get as much water out as she could. Malfoy pulled himself out of the water as well and began wringing out his pants. She took off her shoes and socks and set them on the dock to dry. 

"If I sit on the edge, you're not going to push me in again, right?" Madelyn asked sarcastically.

"I'm not going to do it again," Malfoy said looking up from his pants. She sat back on the edge of the dock, in hopes that the sun would dry her clothes and Malfoy eventually sat next to her.

"It seems like Jack says things to get a reaction out of people," Madelyn said, looking to her left at the man next to her. 

"He doesn't usually act like the biggest dick. He acts like that when you're around," he said looking out to the water. 

"Really? I can't imagine him acting any different," Madelyn said, now looking down at her dangling feet.

"We don't usually hang out with people like you. You're an easy target."

"What do you mean?"

"You're very much a rule follower. We are not."

"I see."

"He also just knows that saying certain things to you will make me pissed," he said looking at Madelyn. She turned her head to face him. Madelyn didn't want to just assume he was protective over her, because why would he be?

"I don't know why but I actually like being around your friends," Madelyn laughed.

Malfoy began to chuckle. "Why?"

"I feel...energized when I am with them. Like I don't know what's going to be said," Madelyn said, fiddling with the ends of her hair.

"Sometimes being sure of what happens next is better," Malfoy said, looking down. There was a long pause that followed.

"What does your mother think about everything?" Madelyn asked.

"She hates that I have to get married so soon and to somebody that she doesn't even know," Malfoy said, now looking into her eyes.

"Yeah."

"She wants to meet you." Madelyn froze at his statement. 

"Does she?" Madelyn asked while adjusting herself on the dock, trying to not act uncomfortable but that's exactly how she felt. 

"Yes, if that's alright."

"When?"

"Over holiday."

"Alright." Madelyn started to feel anxious thinking about meeting her future mother in law. She has heard many things about his mother, like how protective she was over her son and how harsh she can be. But she knew she would have to meet her eventually. She jumped as she felt Malfoy grab at the bottom of her shirt. 

"It's actually dry," he said, in surprise. 

"My arse is still soaked," Madelyn giggled, and Malfoy joined.

"Let's go back so you can change then," Malfoy said getting up and reaching his hand out for her. She grabbed it and he pulled her up. He put on the items that he took off prior, while Madelyn put on her shoes. They began walking back together, this time it wasn't silent. They talked about random things, but it just felt like a normal conversation and didn't feel forced. The alcohol started to wear off but it never changed the way they acted. 

I want to thank -ELLAMALFOY, ravenclawgirl-bri, and camdyrose15 for the support! Hope everyone is enjoying:)