~ chapter 17 ~

Weeks passed since Madelyn and Draco came home from Malfoy Manor. Although he was nearly the same Draco that didn't care for showing emotion, she could see little by little the barriers dropping and allowing for the real Draco to show with each conversation they had. Whether she liked it or not, she was going to spend the rest of her life with the man, making her more willing to do so.

Madelyn began joining Draco when he would go out with his friends. She found Blaise extremely humorous and appreciated that he actually wanted to hang out with her. Pansy seemed to care less about bothering Madelyn but was still not going to go out of her way to talk to her. As for Jack, he was less of the arrogant prick that Madelyn always saw and more charming and witty, but Draco still didn't hesitate to make threats if something was said to her. Fay and Madelyn's interactions didn't change much, just less unnecessary tension. Also during those weeks, the group ended up gaining two new members, Theodore Nott and Daphne Greengrass, who were also pure-blood Slytherins and paired together. Madelyn never got a definite answer as to why other than "it's guy stuff" but figured it had something to do with Theodore's friends. She surprisingly enjoyed the company of Daphne since she was the only girl in the group she got along with. Madelyn was still great friends with Hermione, Harry, Ron, Ginny, Luna, and Neville, and would hang out with them from time to time, but Madelyn really enjoyed her time with Draco's friends. 

After class on Friday, the group decided to hang out in the transfiguration courtyard. The grass was not nearly as green as it was weeks prior since the weather was gradually getting colder. The group all sat in a circle with Draco on Madelyn's right and Daphne on her left. Next to Daphne sat Theodore, Jack, Fay, then Pansy, and Blaise sat on the other side of Draco. Daphne had a light complexion with dark brown hair while Theodore had thick brown hair that bounced to one side with a bit of wave and similar completion Daphne. Madelyn envied Daphne's natural beauty and also found Theodore just as attractive as the other boys. She could never understand how the whole group could all be that good looking.

"Do we actually have to go?" Blaise asked as sat back and leaned on both of his hands, looking at Pansy.

"Yes, Blaise! It's the only time I get to look hot for school," Pansy said arrogantly as she pushed her hair behind her shoulders and laughed. 

"What the fuck is even the point?" Jack said, running his hand through his hair. 

"The dance is making up for everything that happened last year," Pansy spat.

"A dance can make up for that?" Theodore asked sarcastically as he laughed and hit Jack's arm.

"Seriously, what makes them think that we actually want a dance?" Jack asked laughing along with Theo.

"I am actually excited to go," Daphne said as she hit Theo's arm, making him clear his throat and stop. Madelyn laughed lightly which made Daphne join in. 

"Are you actually excited for this, Jones?" Blaise asked with a smirk. 

"Yes! Didn't you like the Yule Ball?" Madelyn asked, smirking back at Blaise.

"Hell no! The girl I went with kept making me dance with her and all I wanted to do was get fucked up in the common room," Blaise huffed then began smirking at Draco. "But if I remember correctly, Draco enjoyed his night." Blaise began doing an up and down hand gesture then stopped when Draco hit his arm. 

"Fuck off," Draco said, smirking, as laid back on one arm as everyone began laughing. 

"Ah, yes, Draco's first handy," Jack laughed. 

Everyone continued laughing while Draco looked up to the girl next to him who was biting her lip and smiling. He watched as she looked down to him, smirking, then looking down to her lap shaking her head, continuing her laugh.