~ chapter 24 ~

The pair were woken up early by Mrs. Malfoy to say their goodbyes to the guests that stayed the night. The sun just barely peeked over the horizon and Madelyn wasn't used to waking up at such a time, especially after drinking. A couple of yawns were let out by the two as they stood next to Draco's parents and waved to the guests.

Pansy left with her family while Jack, Blaise and Daphne decided to stay an extra night. 

Breakfast was not nearly as loud as the day before since the only people who sat at the table were the Malfoy's, Draco's friends, and Madelyn's parents. It was more uncomfortable than anything since Mr. Jones and Mr. Malfoy were secretly fighting for dominance and everyone could tell. The tension was filling the room but Mr. Malfoy didn't dare break.

"The Daily Prophet is rather annoying this time of year, don't you agree Lucius?" Christopher asked while he read over the front page. 

"I tend to believe the Daily Prophet is annoying at all times. It seems they are unable to find anything original to write about," Lucius spoke arrogantly as if it was a competition to see who found it more annoying. 

The conversation between the two continued as Narcissa asked Draco and his friends, "What are your plans for this afternoon?"

"I don't believe we have any yet," Daphne replied.

"Well, it's quite lovely outside if you and Madelyn want to join me in my garden. Gemma, you are also welcome to join."

The three women all agreed to the afternoon activity. The snow had melted a few days before and there was still a chill present but not nearly as cold as Hogwarts.

----------------------

The women walked around the Malfoy residence and to Narcissa's garden chatting about their ordinary lives. Narcissa asked Gemma lots of questions about the muggle world as many pure-bloods were unfamiliar with their day to day. There was no competition between Narcissa and Gemma like the other two adults but rather curiosity. The two women actually got along quite well after the initial awkwardness had passed.

When walking back, they saw the four boys playing around in a section of the grass with a ball similar to a quaffle but more round. Draco threw it to Theo who ran a few steps but was quickly shoved to the ground by Jack. Swears were shouted between the four but were hushed as they noticed the girls walking past.

"You girls go ahead, Madelyn and I will stay and watch," Daphne said, then walked over with Madelyn to the boys. "What are you boys playing?"

"There's no name for it but we made it up years ago," Theo informed.

"Right, well, who's winning?"

"We are," Jack yelled but was followed by the same response from Draco, quickly causing more swears to be shouted.

"Alright, carry on," Daphne said to hush the boys.

The boys picked up the game where they left off leaving the girls to chat.

"You owe me five galleons," Daphne whispered.

"Yeah, alright. I'll get it when we go in," Madelyn whispered back, annoyed.

"You seem upset for someone who's finally in a relationship," Daphne chuckled, "well, besides weeks ago."

"Oh, I'm happy about the end result but I'm just upset I lost five galleons," Madelyn laughed.

The two watched the boys play for a minute in silence, seeing Blaise get slammed to the ground this time.

"I think Theo might propose soon," Daphne finally said to Madelyn.