Chapter-14

Rose

"Hey, Rosie!" Jackson says not so quietly whilst taking a seat next to me in the library.

"Shhhhh! You're not supposed to speak so loudly in here Jackson!" I scold him.

"Geez alright, baby. I'll keep it low." He whispers loudly to mock me. I kick his foot with the heel of my sandal, just to show him that he isn't being funny right now.

"Ow, what the fuck?" He whispers normally this time.

"That's what you get for mocking me." I say before diverting my attention to the book in front of me.

"God, you're very mean in the library." He whines. I let out a quiet sigh and look at him, apologetically. 

"I'm sorry honey. It's just that, I'm having a very rough day." I say. Jackson furrows his eyebrows and scoots closer towards me, putting his arm over my waist.

"What's the matter, baby?" He asks whilst tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. I lean into his touch and place my head on his shoulder, being thankful that we are in the secluded part of the library.

"I guess I'm failing biology," I say, feeling dejected.

"What? That's nonsense. You can never fail in anything" He says with utmost confidence.

"Okay I might not fail, but I'm going to score very low. I don't know what has happened to me, Jackson. I am lagging in biology. I never had this problem. But now, all of a sudden, I'm unable to understand anything in bio. I'm really scared that it's going to affect my overall percentage."

"Hmm.....so that's the problem, I see. Don't worry Rosie. You don't have to stress over this as long as you have me." He rubs my back up and down to calm me.

"You mean you're going to teach me biology?" I ask him with a teasing smile.

"Babe, I can teach you biology, but just the practical classes." He says with a wink, bringing his hand towards my butt. I gasp and slap his hand away.

"We're in a library for God's sake, Jackson." I whisper yell. He chuckles whilst shaking his head.

"Whatever, I'll come up with something so that you don't 'fail' your biology classes." He says before kissing my forehead and leaving the library. I smile softly at his silliness. What can he possibly do to help me in my studies?

"Rosie baby," Jackson calls me from the end of the school hallway. I turn behind and see him jogging his way towards me.

"Hey, Jack," I say with a warm smile.

"Hello, sweetness." He says enticingly before kissing me hard on the lips.

"Ahem ahem." I hear an awkward cough from behind. I promptly pull away from him and look back, our school topper, Phillips. He timidly stands behind Jackson, hugging the pile of books to his chest, and occasionally adjusting his steel-rimmed spectacles.

"Hey, Phillips. How are you? Do you need anything?" I ask him with a polite smile and slightly embarrassed at the fact that he just caught me making out with Jackson. Before he could answer, Jackson interrupts him.

"Oh yes. My dear friend Phil, is here to help you out in biology. He knows a lot of crap about studies, so he can teach you. Moreover, it'll be easier for you to learn from him, and he's got absolutely no problem tutoring you. Right, Phil?" Jackson asks in a dangerously calm voice whilst putting his arm around Phillip's shoulder.