Chapter-20

Jackson

"Are you sure you wanna be here, pumpkin?" I ask apprehensively as I pull her knee length dress further down. I don't want any horny bastards looking at her beautiful legs.

"For the hundredth time today, yes. It's just a high school party, boo." She says waving her hand nonchalantly.

"Exactly. You're not even the party type, why did you insist on coming here?" I ask as we head towards the house with the music blaring out.

"Because I know that you like such parties. I wanna do something that you like too. I mean you have solved at least 50 jigsaw puzzles with me even though you absolutely hate them." She says whilst adjusting her hair.

"I do that because I know how crazy you go over puzzles. And babe, you really don't have to do this if it makes you feel uncomfortable." I said cupping her cheeks.

"Oh come on Jackson, I don't wanna be a boring, nerdy girlfriend. I can be quite of a bad butt too you know." She says trying to sound enticing. Trying. I slap my palm on my forehead and sigh.

"Okay fine. But we have to go through a set of rules before we enter." I say, switching to the teacher mode. She enthusiastically nods her head with a bright smile.

"One, no matter how good the food looks there, DO NOT TOUCH IT. You don't know what crap they must've added in that to get high." I say. Rosie goes completely nuts when it comes to delicious food.

"Two, if you are having any drinks or something, don't leave it unattended. Someone can spike it." She nods her head and gives me a thumbs up.

"Three......wait." I come back from the teacher mode, kiss her lips four times and go back to teaching again.

"Three, don't even look at any of the guys in there."

"Why is that?" She asks crossing her arms across her chest with a frown.

"Because they are jerks and one look from a girl is enough for them to bone you." I snap.

"Last but not the least, do not leave my side," I said tugging on the ends of her dress again.

"Okay okay, let's go." She says pulling my arm and getting into the house.

"It's quite loud in here." She says covering her ears. I shake my head with a smile.

She already hates it.

"Yo Jack!" A slurry voice calls me. I turn to my side and see a drunken Peter, one of my friends with whom I used to party hard.

"Hey man, you're so wasted." I chuckle.

"You bet your ass I am." He slurs. His attention goes to Rosie, who is hugging my arm.

"Who is this little birdie?" He asks, with a sly smirk. I clear my throat and pull her closer to me.

"This is my girl, Rosie. Babe, this is Pete." I introduce them. He leans forward to hug her but I push her behind me.

"A-Alright it was nice meeting you, Pete." I give a fake smile before storming out from there.

"Wow." Was all that she said. I look down at her and kiss her chubby cheeks.

"You still wanna stay here, pumpkin," I ask her as I take a bottle of coke.

"Of course! Why wouldn't I? In fact-"

"Look who is here?"  A familiar voice interrupts us.

"Steve," I say as I give him a bro hug.