Chapter-30

Rose

"What's the matter?" Jackson asks softly as he nudges my shoulder.

"Nothing." I shrug dejectedly as I continue doing my homework.

"Come on, I know something is bothering you. Spit it out." He asks in hushed voices since we were in the library.

"I told you, noth-"

"Don't say 'nothing'" he glares. I look at him with tired eyes and sigh.

"I just......I really wanted to go for the school trip."

"The one where they take you to the amusement park? That's so lame. What are we? Nine years old?" Jackson scoffs.

"Hey, it's not lame. School trips are the only outings I get to go with my friends." I say lowly. My parents were very strict and it's against the house rules to go out with my friends anywhere else other than their house. Sometimes I was envious of Miley and Jessica because their parents were quite liberal, totally opposite of mine. They allowed them to go anywhere. There was just this one time where I lied to them, saying that I was going to Miley's house but instead, I went to a party with Jackson. Which turned out to be horrible by the way.

"Why don't you go then? Go with the girls." He says casually.

"That's the problem.......they want to go with their friends from the volleyball team but I am not really comfortable around those people," I murmur.

"So, did you talk to Miley and Jessica?"

"I did. They said that they have friends outside the three of us too and that they have to keep them happy." I whisper, dreading over my life where I am confined to just a handful of friends on whom my outings depend on.

"That's so rude. They shouldn't have said that."

"They are actually right. I can't tell them to stop hanging out with other people just because I'm not comfortable with it."

"You know what? You don't need them. I'll be there with you. We can go on the trip and we'll have a blast." Jackson said, flamboyantly.

"Really? But you just said it was lame." I ask wide eyed.

"Ohh yeah it is lame as fuck. But with you, I can bet my ass that I will have the best day of my life."

"Do you need more of the cream?" I ask taking a bite from my cinnamon roll.

"Nope, this is perfect." Jackson retorts with furrowed eyebrows as he shaves my leg with utmost concentration. Since my 6 months pregnant belly makes it impossible for me to shave, I asked Jackson for help, which he happily agreed to. I am comfortably sitting on the bed munching on my cinnamon roll while he is sitting on the cold floor with my leg resting on his thigh. He is so gentle that it feels like he is diffusing a bomb that is attached to my leg. Once I'm done with the cinnamon roll, I stretch my arms and let out a loud yawn.

"You can lay back, sweetheart. I'll call you when I'm done." He says. I give him a soft smile, reaching out to kiss him on the forehead.

"It's alright......do we really have to go, by the way? I mean, we could just stay in and order food." I say as laziness takes over me. Jackson looks up at me with a blank face.

"I'm gonna bend you over my knee and whoop your ass, Rosie."

"I know I know. I did say that I want to go out to eat, but now I'm lazy. Can't we go some other day?"

"Why the fuck did you make me shave your legs then?" He asks as he sighs and bangs his head on my knee, exasperatedly.

"I don't have the mood to go out now, baby. I gotta dress up, do my hair, wear like 100 layers of scarves, mufflers, gloves and beanies. Moreover, my legs are so swollen! I will have to wear a bra too, which suffocates me to death." I say pouting with puppy eyes.