Chapter 7

Liam sprinted through the trees, playfully chasing a twittering little bluebird from tree to tree, rearing up onto his hind legs as if to catch it. The sun had risen a couple of hours ago and now beat down through the damp canopy of leaves above him, sending beams of warm, yellow light onto the wet forest floor.

Liam's paws beat the ground with soft, muffled thuds, leaves rustling as he shot past in a blur of silvery-gold, letting out a joyous woof at the feel of the cool breeze that ran through his fur. It had rained all night and streaks of muddy water burst over him as he made his way back home.

Zayn and he had taken to the woods the previous night in their wolf forms, running together, tumbling around playing, and then fucking for hours on end. The rain drenched them as they rutted so that their fur clung to them wetly, their howls had rung through the trees and along with the steady roar of the unrelenting rain.

In the weeks since he had manifested, Liam's energy levels had shot up drastically, to the point where he even wore Zayn down. The Alpha still slept now, and hadn't even stirred when Liam had slipped out of bed and had once again disappeared into the woods for a morning run, his wolf huffing elatedly as he'd switched forms and surged past the trees.

Liam's wolf panted contently now as he neared the edge of the trees, preparing to change and head back inside to Zayn.

Creeping back soundlessly into their chambers, Liam smiled to himself as he took in the sight of the Alpha lying sprawled out on his back, his position unchanged from when Liam had woken up a few hours ago. Zayn's dark hair spread messily across his pillow and his broad, muscled chest rose and fell in deep, slow breaths. One burly arm lay across Liam's half of the bed, right where Liam had carefully lifted it off himself and laid it down. There were several love bites along Zayn's shoulders neck and Liam knew he'd left more than a few deep scratches down his back the previous night, when they'd fucked one more time after coming inside from the rain, this time human but still as feral.

Liam was more than ready for another round or two just from watching his Alpha sleep. Shivering slightly from tamped down arousal, he walked into the enormous bathroom for a quick shower, hoping that Zayn would wake up soon – his arse twitched from the need to be filled again, and even as he stepped under the rush of scalding hot water and began carefully soaping himself, Liam could feel himself starting to get wet, his body already ready for penetration.

He showered, he shaved and he brushed his teeth. He paused to admire the bruises on his hips and thighs, along the length of his neck and on his nape. He vigorously towelled his hair dry and took a few minutes to cut his nails – even though Zayn brushed the scratches off with a light laugh, Liam found the angry red tracks he left on the Alpha's body to be distressing. He hurriedly combed his hair into place with his hands and then slipped back out into the bedroom.

Zayn was still fast asleep and Liam sighed, his skin starting to tighten uncomfortably with need now. And so, feeling slightly guilty, Liam dropped his towel, gently pulled the covers off the sleeping man and settled down between his legs, licking his way up the firm thighs, waiting for the Alpha to stir. The moment Zayn shifted in his sleep Liam swallowed his cock, immediately sucking hard.

Zayn reared up with a gasp, his arms flailing out wildly, his hips lifting to thrust his cock deeper into Liam's hot, sucking mouth.

"Liam," he groaned, bending his legs and pressing his feet into the bed to buck up again. "Oh god..."

Liam hummed as he sucked, using both hands to stroke Zayn's cock, pressing his thumb into the vein underneath, licking off the precome hungrily. When Zayn moaned again, he swirled his tongue around the large, reddened head, sucking at the slit while fondling his balls, whimpering around the length so that Zayn sat up and gently stroked his hair.