Diary: Chapter One

I clenched my fist at the soft tapping of a pencil eraser against a stack of exposed notebook paper, I would have ignored it any other day but today was different for an uncommon reason, I was just at my wits end with everyone. The start of my day was challenging, my alarm clock wasn't plugged in so I hadn't woken up until fifty minutes after the six, then my roommate threw my jersey jacket containing thirty-nine dollars in the washing machine, thinking it was hers, and leaving me with crumbles of money.

My crumbles of money didn't work on the campus vending machines and I ended up eating nothing for lunch, while everyone else socialized and chatted with their friends, I sat by myself because my cranky attitude caused Riley to avoid me after snapping on her. It's now the last hour of the day and I'm swimming in homework, my decision of taking very complex math subject was an honest mistake, I'm starting to think.

"X equals nineteen?" A person asked, and I watched my professor suck his teeth in frustration.

No one knew much in this class, I was surprised I knew how to figure out the problem by not writing anything down on paper. It was very complex work and sometimes, I struggled to solve it correctly. I was an original enrollment in Lakes All-Girl Boarding School and it was my fourth year being here from freshman status, most of the girls that attended were either lesbians or just hoping to stay away from teenage boys in their hormones, a small percentage sent to get away from other family members.

Our campus isn't that large but we do have multiple parking lots so that we can get to our apartments if we live outside of the campus barriers. Only the most richest people on campus live outside of the campus barriers in pretty houses that their parents live in or their own apartments with close friends that they knew growing up. I stay in a campus apartment and I rarely step outside of my apartment because it's where I feel the safest.

"Ms. Filler," I raised my eye to acknowledge Mr. Lewis, " do you know this by any chance."

"X equals thirty-eight-B." I said with confidence, feeling all eyes on me before everyone turned to see if it was the correct answer.

"Fantastic." Mr. Lewis muttered, writing the answer beside the college-level equation.

"She's so smart." I heard someone whisper as I looked back down at my blank desk.

"Why is she even at this school? She's too smart." Another person whispered around me, I hated that they talked about me like I couldn't hear them.

"How did she-"

"One-thousand-and-six-hundred-seventy-two divided by eighty-eight equals nineteen. Nineteen times two equals thirty eight, bring your B down and you get the answer." I explained with a shrug, glancing toward Trinity as she looked at me with amazement.

Trinity Ellie was one of the few rich girls in the school, she had past shoulder-length jet-black hair that were straight at the roots and curvy at the ends, she had a hairpin pinning back her bang so that it stayed out of her pace. Her eyes were an emerald green that sparkled as she stared at me, I knew she was amazed by the way my brain worked and sometimes, I was amazed by it. Trinity has a aquiline nose that had more of an upturned nose tip, her lips had pink lip gloss painting them to make them sparkle like her eyes, which had eyeliner surrounding them. Her blush was a soft pink and her mascara made her eyelashes pop.

"Wow..." Trinity responded, glancing me up and down before turning forward while Mr. Lewis nodded that I was correct.

"Bullshit." Someone said, I glanced behind me to see Megan shaking her head as she glared at her paper. "This shit is bullshit, Mr. Lewis, why are we doing this? It's not like we'll ever use it again."