Chapter Five

"Are you sure you can't come to breakfast with grandpa?" Rory asked me again from her spot on the couch. I was running around the apartment trying to find one of my textbook for class but when she asked me I sat up on my knees and glared at her. I crawled over to look under the couch that she was sitting on.

"I'm sure. I have to go to this class I'm already late for." I huffed as I stood back up. I walked over to giant pile of books on the coffee table and looked through the stacked books. "Yay!" I cried as I found the right textbook.

"Found it?" my twin asked with a smile. I grinned like an idiot and ran over and grabbed my book bag. Rory frowned as she thought about something. "Aren't you going to get in trouble for being late?"

"Don't worry about it." I told her with a shrug and a wave of my hand. "The old pervert never gives me any trouble."

"Please tell me you aren't sleeping with a professor!" Rory cried, finally putting down the book she was reading. I stopped in my tracks and turned to her, my eyes wide in disbelief.

"No! I'm not sleeping with a professor!" I shouted at her, shocked that she thought so little of me. She looked back at me a little sceptical so I scoffed at her and turned back around. "My professor is married, and if I recall, you are the twin you sleeps with married men!" I yelled at her as I left the room, slamming the door in her face. I stormed off as I shook my head. I knew that Rory wasn't exactly approving of the way I conducted my dating life, but lately I hadn't exactly been approving of her dating life either. I felt tears welling in my eyes that I refused to let fall. Rory and I were so different but I guess I always thought that she wouldn't jump to conclusions about me. I wiped my eyes with the back of my hand as I saw the closest coffee cart. I sniffled a little as I stood waiting in line. I looked at the time on my phone and sighed. There really wasn't any point in rushing to class if I had missed the whole first half of the lecture. I knew that Professor Hamilton would give me the class notes if I asked, without me having to sleep with him.

"You look very deep in thought, Teek." Colin commented as he came up next to me. I smiled to myself at the sound of his voice and I turned to him, moving up in line a little and he fell in step with me.

"I'm surprised you know what 'deep in thought' looks like, Colin." I teased him playfully. He chuckled and put an arm around my shoulders familiarly and I wrapped an arm around his waist and leaned in slightly. After my fight with Rory the comfort that Colin bought with him was needed and wanted immensely. We stepped forward together and I could feel Colin's gaze on my face so I turned away slightly, knowing that my eyes were a little red from the unshed tears. Colin noticed and reached out to turn my face towards him. He peered down at me with a frown on his face and concern in his eyes.

"What happened, Christa?" he asked me seriously. I was a little shocked that he used my real name and not my nickname that he and Logan gave me. I smiled at the concern and worry in his voice and shook my head.

"Nothing." I assured him. "I just had a fight with my sister, that's all."

"What was the fight about?" he asked as we stepped closer to the coffee counter. I shook my head and looked forward.

"Nothing really. Just stupid girl stuff." I said with a smile at him. I tightened my hold on his waist to assure him and he relaxed a little. As we neared the counter, he let go of me and pulled out his wallet and gave the barista a twenty dollar note before I could protest.

"A large black and whatever the lady wants." He told the guy behind the counter.

"I'll have the same." I told the guy and smiled my thanks to Colin. The guy gave us the coffees and we walked over to an empty table. We sat together in companionable silence as we drank our coffees. It was nice just to sit with Colin again. We used to do it all the time when we were seeing each other in high school. We had all been seeing each other a few months when I moved to Boston and he went to Yale. Logan didn't know that the first time we saw each other again wasn't four months after I moved at a charity events we were all made go to by their parents and my grandparents.