Chapter Twelve

I was sitting on Rory's desk waiting for her when Paris came running into the room and straight for Doyle's office. I frowned as thoughts of what they could be doing in the office alone. Ever since they started seeing each other Doyle had been a constant presence around the dorm room. Now I had to put up the Doyle at home and a more than normal irritated Paris Geller. Paris knew that Doyle had a slight crush on me so she had been acting even more paranoid and irrationally insecure more than normal and it was starting to annoy the crap out me. I pulled out my phone to text Steph when Doyle came rushing out of his office in a panic. Paris was right on his heels as he made a fuss with all the other news reporters that were present.

"Alright, everyone act like actually have some kind of journalistic talent!" Doyle commanded from the front of the room. All the buzz came to a halt as an older gentleman walked in the door of the Yale Daily News. Everyone's face turned to a mixture of awe and fear as they stared at the man that had just entered the room. I glanced up from my phone and a smile broke out across my face. I hopped off my sister's desk and made my way towards the familiar man.

"Mitchum!" I cried happily as I got closer. The older Huntzberger turned when he heard my voice and a smile of his own crept up on him. He pulled me into his arms to hug me tightly and then pulled away to look me over with his hands still on my shoulders.

"Christa!" he greeted me just as happily. While Logan and his father didn't get along, Mitchum and I had always found a common ground somewhere. He looked at me in concern and question for a moment before a small smile touched his lips. "How are you, sweetheart?"

"I'm good, thank you." I assured him pleasantly.

"I heard about your grandfather. I was in London when I heard the news and I'm sorry I wasn't able to make it back for the funeral."

"It's okay, really. Shira, Logan, Honor, Josh and Elias all gave us your regards at the wake." I said with a teasing smile. "It seems your family is very well versed in covering for you, Mr Huntzberger."

"Yes, well, practice makes perfect." He agreed with hearty laugh and I joined him. "Are you coming to party I'm throwing for Seymour Hersh on Friday night?"

"Hmm, because that sounds so thrilling." I joked as I pretended to think about it. "No. The last time a saw Seymour, he asked me not to come to anymore of his parties." I explained with a grimace as remembered the last party I went to for the man.

"Please come to the party. I want to introduce you to Patricia DeRossi. She's a fashion designer and she's looking for young ladies in college to model clothing for her new line. Shira suggested you."

"Modelling?" I asked sceptically with a raised my eyebrows.

"I know you love been the centre of attention." He teased me with a wink and I laughed because he was right.

"I'll think about it." I agreed reluctantly.

"Hey, maybe you and Logan can go together." Mitchum suggested innocently and I started laughing as I realised what he was trying to do.

"Now, I see. This was all a set up to get me to go out with Logan!" I accused him with mock outrage as I poked him playfully in the chest.

"Can't help a guy for trying." He defended himself with shrug of his shoulders. "You're already like a daughter to me, what's so bad about me wanting to make it legal."

"If I'm like a daughter to you, then Logan would be my brother so if we got together to would be incest. And incest is wrong." I said with mock sadness as I pouted at him but then I couldn't keep a straight face and broke out laughing. Mitchum joined in my laughter and then looked over my shoulder in Doyle's direction. I followed his gaze and saw most of the room staring at us with open mouths.