Chapter Six

I was trying to sneak back into my dorm room early in the morning after spending the night out with a guy I met at the pub the night before. The triple date night that Colin and I went to with my mother Luke, Rory and Dean had stirred something in me that I desperately wanting to squash, so I hightailed it to the pub and hooked up with a descent looking guy. I grimaced as the floor squeaked under my tip toes. Rory came out of her bedroom at that very moment and when she took in my bedhead, the high heels dangling from my hand and the same outfit I wore the night before she smirked at me.

"Have a good time last night?" she asked me knowingly, crossing her arms over her chest and smirking. I stood up straighter and glared at her a little.

"Yes, thank you very much." I said loftily as I walked closer to her as I walked passed her I leaned into her ear. "And again this morning." I whispered and then laughed when she scowled and playfully slapped my arm. I danced out of her reach and went into my bedroom to get changed. Rory followed me and leaned against the doorframe.

"Are you actually going to the paper today?" she asked me accusingly. I rolled my eyes at her as I stripped off my dress from the night before. I started looking through my closet for something clean to wear. I made a mental note to do laundry soon.

"Maybe."

"Doyle's handing out the beats."

"I don't care which beat I get. Unlike you, little miss features." I said with a smile in her direction before I picked up a sundress and threw it on. Rory rolled her eyes at me but she had a small smile playing on her lips.

"Don't jinx it."

"Never." I said faux serious as I sat on the bed and slipped on a new pair of heels. I stood back up and modelled the outfit for Rory.

"Glamorous." She complimented as she left the room and I followed her with a smile. She walked over to the front door and paused. "You coming?" she asked as she held the door open. I rolled my eyes and walked through the open door.

_____________________

Paris jumped on Rory and me as soon as we entered the Yale newspaper office after class.

"I had a dream about you last night." She said to me, blocking my path.

"If this gets dirty, feel free to keep it to yourself." I told her playfully.

"I dreamed that in spite of the fact that you knew I wanted to be assigned the religion beat, you went behind my back to Doyle, cooked him dinner and stole it from me."

"It's just a dream, Paris." Rory told her friend with an eye roll.

"She made veal parmigiana, and it felt very real." Paris accused.

"I don't make veal parmigiana. I don't make anything, and I don't want the religion beat. I don't care what beat I get."

"Dreams tell you things. It's our subconscious talking to us. Warning us, telling us about things that are happening."

"Paris –"I tried to interrupt.

"My dream was telling me that you are stabbing me in the back with your veal parmigiana."

"Well I must have really overcooked it then." I said drily as I tried to walk around her.

"Let me smell your hands." The blonde said as she grabbed one of my hands. I pulled it back with a scowl.

"No, go away!"

"You used a lot of garlic." She said as if that explained everything.

"Bye." I snapped at her but she didn't move.