chapter 5

"oh crap!" parker could be heard yelling in her room, trying to find something to wear to the dance

she had gone through her entire wardrobe and she didn't have a dress suitable for the chilton dance, and she couldn't exactly go out and buy one since her and her dad were pretty broke. she usually made most of her clothes from old material, since lorelai taught her how to sew with her mom, but she can't make an entire dress in 48 hours.

and it gets worse, parker thinks that lane might've accidentally told her dad about tristan, lane said she doesn't remember what she said but she might've mentioned the dance and might've mention the chilton prince.

"and you're sure that your dad hasn't mentioned anything to you?" lane would say while on the phone with blue eyed parker.

"yes lane i'm sure. i actually remember my conversations."

"i'm just saying.. you might've not released or something.."

"lane, i would know if my dad asked me about chilton royalty."

"if he's basically royalty, does that make you royalty too? since you're going on a date with him?"

"you imagine me as apart of the hartford royal family?" parker giggled.

"you could be a.. princess! or a queen!"

"i'm gonna stick the basic stars hollow civilian. it's so much better, because i don't have to worry about being in a suspicious 'accident' which results in my death."

"crap 20 minutes of phone time are up, i'll see you on monday!" lane would say before hanging up.

parker set the phone back, continuing to look for a dress.

she found a box at the back of her wardrobe, as if it had been hidden. she took the box out and she set it on her bed. she slowly opened it up, and there it was, the most beautiful dress she had ever seen. it was a light shade of pink with a floral pattern. obviously it was going to be adjusted to her size and shape, but she could easily do that herself.

she assumed the dress was her mother's, but it didn't matter, the dress was gorgeous and she was no longer stressed

she assumed the dress was her mother's, but it didn't matter, the dress was gorgeous and she was no longer stressed. all she had to do was tell her dad that she was going to a dance for a school she doesn't go to with a guy who will most likely dump her in the next 2-3 months and leave her heartbroken. not that difficult, right?

~the day of the dance~

parker was at rory's house, getting ready for the dance, sookie was doing parker's makeup while lorelai was doing rory's hair.

"soo, miss parker, you going with tristan dugray right? rory's partner.. in some class.. can't remember which." sookie asked

"uhm.. yeah and i think he's her biology partner.

"nervous?"

"extremely."

"just be your wonderful and loving self! i mean if we love you then he will!" sookie giggled.

"thanks sookie." parker smiled, feeling a little bit reassured.

all 4 of the girls talked until someone rang the doorbell.

author's note
hii everyone i'll probably be writing a chapter or two each night, except on weekends when ill be writing more than one and on my exam week ill be posting probably 1 chapter every 2 days since these exams are important for me
remember if you ever need to talk my dms are open!
if you wanna message me on insta my @ is @wcnderfvls <3