Chapter 2

After checking to see that it was almost 9:30. I started to head my way to the skate park. A few of my friends wanted me to hang out with them, so I figured it wouldn't hurt anything to spend the day with them. The skate park was only 10 minutes away from the gas station, and I could barely if I jogged a bit faster to make up for the slack. 

"Shouldn't be a problem. I did win 2nd place in the track team." I thought to myself as I started to jog my way to the park. 

As I started to jog my way there. I tried to avoid any kinda obstacle, not wanting to be super late and wanting to stay on track. My friends wouldn't let me hear the end of it if I missed our skating session. Shortly after jogging a bit faster; however, the skate park started to pop up in my line of vision. 

"Just a few more moments." I continued to think to myself as I saw more and more of the skate park peer into view. 

"There you are. Was wondering if you'd show up or ditch." I heard one of my friends say to me as I had finally arrived. 

"Yeah sorry about that. Helped a guy with loading up crates. Then I went to grab a drink." 

Making it just in time was a relief. I could tell my friends were all glad that I did make it in time. They looked at me with the same relief I felt and started to grab their skateboards. 

"Anywho. Still getting those weird headaches when you run." My friend asked me. 

"Not as often. But they come and go." 

The headaches were something that started a few weeks ago. It only happened when I tried running; however, they only lasted for brief successions and ended when I took the time to stop and slow my breathing. 

"You should probably get that checked out. Could be something serious." My friend told me as I saw him hand me my skateboard that he fixed up. 

"Yeah, I know. Let's get this skate session started though. Been waiting to school you." I said as I taunted him. 

"Bring it on."

I then hopped on my skateboard. Putting one foot on, and using my other foot to pick up momentum with the board. I started to kick the ground, moving forward with my board, and eventually propped my other foot on the board as I started to move along the skate ramps. 

   As I was moving along the ramp. I saw my friend start to move along the ramp as well. We both skated smoothly across the ramp, keeping our footing and momentum, and not losing our balance. 

"Is that all you got Ryan?" I asked him as I started to kick my foot and pick up a bit more momentum. 

"Not at all. Just wanted to take it easy on you." 

I then saw Ryan start to pick momentum up as well. Seeing Ryan starting to also do kickflips. I tried a few myself, remembering what Ryan and the others were teaching me. 

"Impressive. But can you do this?" I smirked as I did two hardflips in the air and landed back down on the ramp. 

"You got skills for a beginner. I admit that." 

"Well, I have you and Antonio to thank for that."

Antonio was the other friend who helped me learn the ropes. I knew him along with Ryan for a few months. We met a month after my dad died, and have been good friends ever since. 

I was glad to have them at my side. We looked out for each other and always seemed to get along for the most part. There were times; however, where Antonio and I butted heads. Things didn't get that serious though, and luckily Ryan was always smart enough to intervene before things could escalate that much.