Chapter 11

As we arrived at the area. I looked around, checking to see if any of their agents were nearby. Luckily it seemed they hadn’t been expecting us, and so we were able to use this to our advantage. 

   Being able to strategically place the H.I.D’s around the area. We wanted to make sure they were placed in positions where it looked like we were running from where they’d be chasing us. Knowing it would seem real to them and in the meantime we’d be infiltrating the facility. 

   “Alright I positioned mine. Now for yours Miguel to do the same.” I informed them as I placed my down on the ground.

   “Mine is set too.” 

   “Ours are set as well.”  Christopher chimed in as he and Jasmine had just set theirs.

   Once we had ours set in the appropriate places. We immediately headed to find an entrance to where we could sneak into the building. Allowing the H.I.D’s to do their job and give us that opportunity.

   “I think I see a door that’s unguarded. Let’s try it.” I pointed out.

   “Alright.”

   We then went to the door I spotted. Looking at the window we saw and noticed there wasn’t anyone on sight. This seemed strange to us, but we still decided to proceed into the building.

   “Ok so I need to get to a computer to hack in. Once I can hack into their computer. I’ll be able to find out where our mentor is precisely.” Christopher told us.

   “Let me use my ability real quick to see if I can spot one.”

   Right as I said this, I focused my mind on that thought, running through and into different rooms. Trying to spot a computer, until I found one, and went back to tell the others. 

   “Did you find any?” Christopher asked as he saw me come back.

   “Yeah follow me.” 

   “On it.”

   I then led the team into the room where the computer was at. There still wasn’t any sign of agents or guards in our vicinity. I was thankful for that as it meant they were probably dealing with the distraction we created using the H.I.D’s.

   We made it into the room. I stood guard along with Jasmine, and Miguel was next to Christopher while he was working on hacking into their computer. As I was standing guard, I looked out into the window to see if there was someone coming and noticed that there was a silhouette in view.

   “Guys we might have company.” I alerted Christopher and Miguel.

   “I am trying to hurry. Give me a minute or two.” 

   I looked back to see the silhouette was now a full figure. Seeing the person, I gestured for me and Jasmine to duck down. This was that way we couldn’t get spotted and the person would walk past the door.

   “Alright. He didn’t notice us. We’re in the clear.” I told the others. 

   “That my friend was a close one. Good thing is I am just about done hacking into their mainframe. Now to find our missing mentor and go rescue him.”

   “We got your back. Just focus on that task.” I commented as I went back to looking for any sign of Syndicate coming our way.

While I was standing guard still. I couldn’t notice any other silhouette or shadow nearby. I kept looking; however, as that didn’t exactly mean they couldn’t come our way any moment.