05

Dabi's p.o.v.

A year ago I wasn't thinking about dragging my bags into the dorms of UA, not that I was here against my own will, but I wasn't the most enthusiastic either. Not to mention I have to see that guy flapping his wings around more often.

I suddenly feel a strong gush of winds hit me from above and a figure lands in front of me.

Well, speak of the devil.

"Hmm..?"

"Dabi! Shall I help you with your bags?"

"It's okay I can carry them on my own"

"Please, I would be ashamed if you thought of UA students as self-centered brats"

"Don't worry, I don't, I can carry these"

I can see him inhaling and rubbing his temples. Jeez, what's he gonna do now?

"Nope, unacceptable, I guess I'll carry your whole body then"

"W-What?"

A slight blush spreads evenly on my cheeks at his comment. How childish, he's willing to do go that far. Talk about a people pleaser. Good thing he doesn't have to look for my validation since I really don't care about him.

"Yup, come here" A smile is plastered on his face as he marches over to me, but I back away in response and try to walk to the opposite side. I move fast enough to lose him in my tracks. Phew.

That's until I feel a pair of hands grab my clothes and lift me up slowly.

"H-Hawks?! I thought I told you to no do this"

"Sorry! No isn't in my vocabulary, get used to it!"

I huffed in response and moved around so he could release me from his grip. Not a few seconds passed and we were a couple of feet off the ground. And I don't like it at all.

"Let me go! Let me go right now!"

"Oh, will you relax? Just let me be nice to you~"

"Stop!"

A flash of blue fire leaves my body which provokes Hawks to fly down and drop my frantically, he begins to pat his wings and hisses at the unbearable heat. We lock eye contact and I feel a pang of guilt wrap around me. I wanna apologize but what's the point, he's pissed, like really pissed. Next thing I know he's up on his feet, folding his wings in, and walks over to lend me a hand to get up. With an embarrassed face, I accept his offer and get off the floor. Hawk's face didn't flinch at all, I couldn't predict what he was thinking about at all.

"H-" I begin to say, but he turns around and walks the other way, leaving me alone in front of the dorms. Shit, I made him upset, and I'm back on square one. My head moves to the tall building before I continue to drag my bags in.