22

Hawks p.o.v

So many things were going through my mind right now. I was leaving the penitentiary center with Dabi, who turns out had been hiding his name all this time, just like me. I finally hugged my father after years of just seeing him for a few minutes every month. And lastly, he's saying there could be a possiblity that he can get released early? This was all too much to process. And don't even get me started on Dabi holding my hand when he felt I was growing uneasy.

We're now waiting on a bus stop, not able to withstand this unbearable weather. Silence had taken over for a while until one of us spoke.

"Keigo, huh? It suits you"

"Yeah, I like Touya more"

We both chuckled, looking down at our hands because we were too afraid to look at each other. Was it a mistake to introduce Dabi into my messy life?

"Thank you" I said suddenly, giving myself a small smile.

"For?"

"You idiot, for coming today"

"I really should be the one thanking you"

Our heads turn to each other as I hear his answer. "What do you mean?" I ask, not exactly understanding why he was the grateful one in this situation. "I guess for showing me how dads are supposed to be.." He finally explained and I was almost speechless. So that's what going through his head all this time. I forgot that he had his fair share of issues with his dad.

"Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves, my dad isn't the blueprint for fathers either, he's spending life in prison for theft and serial killing"

"I know but.. you get it"

"Yeah, maybe I can meet your family too!"

"Sure.."

Another wave of silence passes through us again. Geez, I'm not used to the atmosphere being this serious.

"..And Keigo?" He said, and for the first time hearing somebody that's not my father call me by my actual name sends shivers down my spine. "Y-Yeah?" I respond back.

"Thank you.. for letting me be your friend"

My heart stops at his words. That's when I knew it was now or never, so I go for it. I grab his face and pull him towards myself for the kiss I've been waiting so long for. I could feel he wanted this too as I felt him kissing back. The warmth of our mouths made us forget how insanely cold it was. The kiss was sweet, something that felt right, and relief came over me.

We both let go and we're both flushed in red. Dabi looked away, he was probably a nervous wreck right now. I giggle at his reaction and grab his hand, he turns at me and rests his head on my shoulder. There were no words, but we were comfortable.

The bus arrived and I dropped him off at his house. We hugged and he landed a kiss on my check, which make me smile like a dork. After saying goodbye, I also flew back to home. My home which was empty. I had no one to come home to.

I already miss you, Touya. I can't wait for this break to be over.