1-8. The Demon, the Knight and the Magician

Kyra’s here. Dumbfounded because the long awaited route abruptly closed.

An existence that can only be expressed as a demon descended.

Having horns like a ram, dark red glowing eyes, and a jet black gleaming body. Four arms, bat wings, and a split stinger tail. Truly a demon.

The demon mowed down the knights effortlessly.

The plaza became full of toppled carriages and dead bodies scattered around…

It suddenly appeared in the middle of a peaceful afternoon.

The inner wall is mostly occupied by mansions of the nobles and the wealthy, while the shops are only located on the side of the main street leading to the castle.

When we arrived at the inner wall, we got off the carriage and started taking a stroll around the luxury shops guided by Nadi-san.

“This is the shop who sells the high class armor for the knights. The shop doesn’t only have metal armor. Sometimes they have magic armor available. You’d need dozens of gold coin for that~”

“This one here is the largest jewelry shop around. Especially their service for ruby and sapphire is the best in the kingdom. As for commoners, I recommend Liz jewelry across the street.”

“If you want robes tailored, then this shop is good. Although it had been on the wane for a bit; last year, after the son who come back from the royal capital succeeded the shop, it became awfully popular. Since 1 article cost around 2-3 gold coin, commoners don’t come here but it may be a good idea for merchants who just got a big job to order here to increase their prestige.”

Nadi-san is so wiki-certified knowledgeable. As expected of a jack-of-all-trades?

Although luxurious looking horse-carriages come and go from the castle to the plaza, the traffic is relatively sparse for our carriage to stop on the road.

I wonder if Nadi-san is thirsty after that much talking?

“This is the most popular open terrace shop for sweets and tea among women in Seryuu city.”

Nadi-san’s eyes are sparkling. It doesn’t seem like a plea, just pure longing.

“Nadi-san, my throat has dried up, since we’re here already let’s take a break there.”

“Yes, I understand. Please go ahead, I will wait here.”

…hmm?

Suddenly, a lonely decision?!

“You don’t want to enter, Nadi-san?”

“I’m sorry, since this is a high class tea shop…”

“Please tell me stories about the castle and the plaza while we drink. Of course, I will pay for the tea and sweets.”

Nadi-san’s eyes are shining… but it quickly become cloudy. Is it that expensive?

Let’s be forceful here!

“Let’s go.”

I tenderly led her hand inside the shop.

I was a bit prepared for it, but a set of tea and sweets are only 1 silver coin. Isn’t that cheap? That was what I thought, but considering that amount will let you stay for 5 days in a high class inn, it’s probably quite expensive for the general public.