00 | The Past

"When I finally come up off this shit and we get rich, me and you gon' fuck everyday and have a bunch of kids

"When I finally come up off this shit and we get rich, me and you gon' fuck everyday and have a bunch of kids. Like, seven. And we gon' have a big house too, and that Benz you been wanting." Dayvon put a rubber band around a small stack of cash, then slipped it into a shoebox next to a bag of weed.

"Seven? You're out of your mind. And why you talkin' 'bout sex anyway? That's all you be worried about now." Autumn's low eyes remained on his face as he climbed beside her in the twin sized bed.

"Nah, that's just gone be necessary for you to have all our kids. We gon' have to do it every day." He shrugged. "You say that's all I'm worried 'bout like you don't tell me to come get up in here every night."

"Hush. This is about you, big shot."

"Uhun. It's 'bout us. Always have been, always will be." He planted a kiss on her forehead at the same time that her eyes briefly closed.

"I know baby.." She paused for a moment, seemingly in thought. "Do you see a future with me, foreal?" She quietly asked.

"That's all I see. I don't know how many times I gotta tell you that for you to believe me. You my best friend. We ain't never going nowhere."

"You thinking too hard, about what, this time? Huh? Look at me." He carefully lifted her head up by her chin, still able to make out the perfect features of her face in the dark.

"I'm not. It's just-you're just so-perfect. I love you a lot." Autumn sighed as if she was truly in disbelief with his presence.

Dayvon's expression that was previously filled with concern then softened into a small frown at her statement as he reached over to hold her face again.

"You perfect ma. We like half of each other, so if you think that about me, just imagine how I feel about you. That's why I be writing all them songs 'bout you, girl. I ain't never came across nobody like you." He laid his forehead against hers, feeling her cheeks puff up from her smile.

They had this same conversation almost every night. In moments where she felt like he was falling out of love with her, he showed her just how infatuated he was with her entire being. She loved him so much and he loved her even more.

"Mm. You didn't say you love me back."

"I love you. I thank God everyday for making you. You think He made you for me?"

"In every lifetime."

"Good. 'Cause I'll kill any mufucka' who think otherwise." He told her in all seriousness which caused her to laugh because she knew just how serious he was.

"It's so crazy how you be all poetic and lovey dovey and stuff, then it's right back to shoot 'em up bang bang." She lightly mushed his head backwards, listening to him laugh with her.

"Speaking of shooting shit up, c'mere. Let me shoot somethin' inside you." He kissed the side of her face, and her smile grew as he pulled her to be on top of him.