12 | Autumn's Story pt. 2

"Damn nigga

"Damn nigga. You good? Was you tryna kill him?" Jaxon chuckled, climbing into the passenger seat of the police cruiser.

"Shut up before you piss me off next and I kill yo' ass." He pulled off from the side of the highway, not bothering to turn his blinker on.

"Woah. Somebody's cereal got pissed in this morning. Yo' fine ass babymama must've found a new nigga?" He grinned childishly, then groaned in pain after being harshly jabbed in the chest.

"Yeah bitch keep talking I'ma knock yo' lungs out yo' chest. Ion play with you like that." Dayvon pointed at him in a serious manner but that didn't stop him from laughing.

"Folks 'nem ass annoying as hell." Dayvon couldn't help but to crack a smile anyway.

"What, man? You can't blame a brother for stating the obvious. Might catch me in a closet with some lotion and a picture of yo' lockscree-," He was cut off by laughing again, dodging Dayvon's punch just in time.

"Aight, aight, I quit G. What you mad for, foreal though? You good?" He chuckled, wiping the tears that fell from his eye from laughing so hard.

"No. I'm sick of you. That's why I'm mad." Dayvon parked in the back lot of the precinct, listening to Jaxon laugh for the umpteenth time.

The real reason Dayvon wasn't his normal self today was because Autumn was still mad at him when he left the house this morning. She didn't even let him kiss her goodbye and she even slept in her own room last night with August, and she made sure the door was locked so that he wouldn't get in without waking her.

There was nothing he hated more than leaving the house with people mad at him; well, people he cared about, and he cared about Autumn the most. It hurt his feelings, especially since him making it back home wasn't definite with his line of work.

He didn't blame her for being upset though. She had a worthy reason and he wouldn't force her to forgive him so quickly since he knew he'd messed up. He didn't even know where to start with getting back on her good side.

Although he was genuinely apologetic for wrongly accusing her, a part of him didn't feel like his reaction was out of proportion. He didn't even yell or curse at her when he questioned her, and with her being the only person in the household that did drugs, who wouldn't think the pills belonged to her?

Along with that, who would've thought Jasmine would set her up like that? None of it made any sense to him. He couldn't understand why she would do something like that. Perhaps Autumn was right. Maybe Jasmine did want her place, and apparently she'd do the unthinkable to get it.

On his way home an hour later, he decided to call her up to see if she had an explanation for her actions. She answered on the second ring, as if she was waiting for his call.

"Jasmine you know I got cameras in my house so why the fuck would you do some dumb shit like bring drugs in my shit? Then you gon' put 'em in Autumn room to set her up. What the fuck you on?"